RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in NorCal and am getting the fat pig ready to do some trackdays. It's been many years since I did trackdays/raced, but excited to get back out there! It would be cool to get together with a few RC51s!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in the Bay Area. I'll likely not have everything together by June...more likely July or August as I've got to split time with a number of other projects.

Maybe we all can just use this thread (or start a dedicated new one) and post any likely and/or confirmed booked reservations? That way we can try to coordinate?

·
Registered
22 Posts
So many excuses!...I got my list too 😂: Bike currently doesn't have any brakes, Jeep is blocking garage with a half finished big brake kit install, need to frame a bathroom mirror for Wife's Bday, must remodel an office into a nursery...:unsure: hopefully I can make it out this season!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't yet comment on the brakes as I'm still working on the solution to mount the reservoir :confused:. The Bremo reservoir and mount kit bracket wont work, so thinking of the Kyle solution, or making my own. Also, there will be too many changes all at once to tell which one made the most difference (MC, brake lines, iron rotors, new pads).

The biggest difference is the adjustability with the clipons. With the stockers I felt like I was compromising between not hitting the instrument cluster, where the "bend" in the brake lever ended up, and not hitting the fork tube with the banjo bolt. With the stock clipons, I couldn't use the trick titanium safety wire drilled banjo because it was contacting the fork tube.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Rim Automotive exterior

The aftermarket clipons allow you to get things just right. They even make it easier to access the screws and bolts because the bar itself can be turned / moved in and out. I've got plenty of room for the cool banjo now!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Motorcycle

I did have to cut a plastic piece off of the starter switch to allow the MC to be closer to the grip for positioning.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper Auto part

Since I wasn't initially happy with the compromised lever positioning, it led to the aftermarket clipons....and since I had to pull the forks to replace the clipons, I thought I may as well have some fork work done as well 😂
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts