RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to see who's out there. Would be nice to know some people in Cali that ride track maybe race. I'm slowly dipping my toe back into that scene . Thill June 4th and 5th then gonna try and do sep 25th at willow springs, maybe fit button willow in there in July.. just seeing who's out there .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride at Buttonwillow often, I’ll ride at ThunderHill at least twice a month along with Sonoma .
I'm trying to get back into at least once or twice a month riding at a track . Almost booked the laguna day for tomorrow with z2 but don't feel like that should be my first track back after 10 years. Well maybe if some track days line up we can ride together.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I been to Thill n Laguna...but those are tracks are up there for me being Im in the south CA..

.....so chuckwalla, autoclub, willow n button are my frequent spots. I ride track quite often....this coming weekend actually again....

I am the defending beginner group champion. I beat 46n2 all the time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Lol nice , well you're both probably faster than me other than the occasional ride I haven't see much fast paced riding in a while. I'm from socal so I love the tracks down south haven't ridden chuck walla though . Parents still live down there so when I do go I usually stay with them then hit the track from there. I'd love to get into racing eventually

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm in NorCal and am getting the fat pig ready to do some trackdays. It's been many years since I did trackdays/raced, but excited to get back out there! It would be cool to get together with a few RC51s!
Hey im in ! Just gotta plan something out. Pretty pumped yo get back on track myself . Probably going to book that 6/10 thill day on Friday and just leave early to make my flight that night . Where abouts in norcal? I'm out of valley springs

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in the Bay Area. I'll likely not have everything together by June...more likely July or August as I've got to split time with a number of other projects.

Maybe we all can just use this thread (or start a dedicated new one) and post any likely and/or confirmed booked reservations? That way we can try to coordinate?
Yeah that's a good idea we can just use this one. And see how that goes .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dam thats a good one never tried the cubes so if you do let us know . As for the problem it does sound like fuel starvation but hows the clutch engagement? Any wires pinched under the tank Maybe making contact during braking inertia? Or maybe something simple like a clogged fuel filter or pinched fuel line ? Just throwing stuff out there . Very interested to see what fixes it though .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok so I spent the better part of 2 hours putting together all ther trackdays for norcal and socal with all the organizations that I know of or could fine . Would anyone be interested in me making some sort of chart or calendar off all that and posting it here ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That would be cool! I was just looking at the PTT calendar yesterday seeing how I can finish up all my projects and get to do a trackday :)
I wrote everything down on my calendar last night . I got , ptt, z2, letsride,trackdaz,2wtd,socal trackdays, [email protected] l, fastrackriders,and trackxperience. I'll have the wife use her tech skills and make a master calendar schedule then post it .

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well today went well minus some minor issues mostly with gear thats too old and needs replacing. But got bumped up to b group so I'll start there tomorrow don't think I'll bump to a just get maybe tomorrow and another track day at b and ill be back up to speed I hope. Had a blast kinda funny but shitty got a call saying my 03 rc is ready to pick up today . One day too late but the aprilia is a freaking blast.
Footwear Jeans Shoe Trousers Photograph

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Jeans Shoe Leg Vertebrate Glove

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Sweet Gonzo!!! That's awesome brother..
Thanks man just finished day two I'm hurting pretty bad definitely have alot of work to do physically. But the fundamentals are still there. Got excellent tire wear decent laps. And kept the bike on 2 wheels mostly , a couple of drive out of corner wheelies lol.
Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel Sports equipment Bicycle tire

Tire Shoe Wheel Automotive tire Tread

1 - 20 of 69 Posts