RC51 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've had mine at the track many times with the fuel light on, and no issues. I would check electrical, and if nothing seems wrong, maybe pull the fuel pump and inspect. Not sure if a faulty tip over switch can cause this, but its worth a check as well.

I know on many cars they have a rubber line from pump motor to housing and if it cracks, then aggressive driving can cause sputters...

Unfortunately pulling the pump is a sucky job, it is such a tight fit through the mounting hole, plus all the fuel mess.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was going to, but too my fork seal is leaking, need to change coolant, oil, and air filter. Also big commitment at work with a non extendable deadline. All my friends are going, so if I do get caught up at work, and tag along I won't have a bike....or will need to rent one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So many excuses!...I got my list too 😂: Bike currently doesn't have any brakes, Jeep is blocking garage with a half finished big brake kit install, need to frame a bathroom mirror for Wife's Bday, must remodel an office into a nursery...:unsure: hopefully I can make it out this season!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok so I spent the better part of 2 hours putting together all ther trackdays for norcal and socal with all the organizations that I know of or could fine . Would anyone be interested in me making some sort of chart or calendar off all that and posting it here ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That would be cool! I was just looking at the PTT calendar yesterday seeing how I can finish up all my projects and get to do a trackday :)
I wrote everything down on my calendar last night . I got , ptt, z2, letsride,trackdaz,2wtd,socal trackdays, [email protected] l, fastrackriders,and trackxperience. I'll have the wife use her tech skills and make a master calendar schedule then post it .

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well today went well minus some minor issues mostly with gear thats too old and needs replacing. But got bumped up to b group so I'll start there tomorrow don't think I'll bump to a just get maybe tomorrow and another track day at b and ill be back up to speed I hope. Had a blast kinda funny but shitty got a call saying my 03 rc is ready to pick up today . One day too late but the aprilia is a freaking blast.
Footwear Jeans Shoe Trousers Photograph

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Jeans Shoe Leg Vertebrate Glove

·
Registered
116 Posts
Awesome! It took me quite a bit of working out to be able to do a weekend of racing without feeling like I am dying the entire week afterwards. I dont like to do full days of practice prior to racing so it doesn’t beat me up so bad that I suck when I am racing. Hauling ass on a powerful bike is a LOT more work than it looks. Congratulations on a successful weekend, staying shiny side up, and having lots of fun doing it. Remind yourself the rest of the week when you feel every muscle burning how much fun you had and that it is worth all of the money and work. 😁

21 - 40 of 66 Posts