RC51 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Those are so nice thats the s1000rr right ? I rode one when a buddy of mine got the hp4 back when they first came out with them in 2012 I can only imagine how the new ones ride.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Those are so nice thats the s1000rr right ? I rode one when a buddy of mine got the hp4 back when they first came out with them in 2012 I can only imagine how the new ones ride.
This one’s a first gen a 2010. Those Hp4’s are nice man.
Ive ridden a ‘20 and a ‘22 s1000rr at a Willow Springs raceway, I thought they felt very light and nimble but had no character/personality if you know what I mean. I like my ‘10 a lot better

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just trying to see who's out there. Would be nice to know some people in Cali that ride track maybe race. I'm slowly dipping my toe back into that scene . Thill June 4th and 5th then gonna try and do sep 25th at willow springs, maybe fit button willow in there in July.. just seeing who's out there .
I’m actually in Reno but there’s a group here that travels to Sonoma and Thill all the time. Going to start going with my RC !

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Anyone have a measurement for the front forks on an sp2 for a 190/55 rear ? I threw one on a while ago and I've only ridden it on the street but I'll be taking it to the track and would like to get some baseline measurements for the ride height. Or had anyone used a 55 without any adjustments ? Worse case ill ride it and see what the load looks like on the front and rear tires after a session. I just worry about tucking the front if it's too far off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Reached out to Ptt about teching multiple bikes for the day still no response, anyone ever ridden more that one bike at the same track day? I also reached out to catalyst to get all set up first thing in the morning with the 03 rc . If they don't let me ride multiple bikes I'll just stay on the rc all day and have fun. Getting excited about Sunday.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Supposed to be a hot one..
Speed safe 👍
Taking care of last minute details for Sonoma tomorrow with my lil gurl

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
It was brutal our there I did half of the session after lunch and said nope! Time to go . Started cramping pretty good has some issues with the aprilia, new boots catching and the stupid ass small rearsets so aftermarket ones are a must now . But the rs11 Bridgestone were freaking amazing on the RC. Definitely need a gear indicator though and the rear shock needs service and resprung still feel way better than before after getting it tuned. But a far cry from where I need it to be . Tons of crashes cuz of the heat I'm assuming so careful tomorrow! I did manage to break in the new suit and both knee pucks, but I lost a toe slider on the new boots no freaking clue how best guess is it was loose when i got them . My little girl was beat at the end of the day though .
Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire

Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Vehicle Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle White Light

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

Dog Blue Vehicle Carnivore Dog breed

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
OK trying to decide what weekend to go to the track in July. 16-17 t hill or button willow is available. 23-24 t hill or 30-31 t hill . Anyone down ? Throwing it out there early .

41 - 60 of 152 Posts