RC51 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Kool, which toy are you taking?
I’m getting back to my r1m build…damn I hope I can finish that bike up before 7/16. Freakin work takes up too much of my precious day man👀
I will be bringing the rs660 it should be broken in and 2 oil changes in . I'm doing one after tomorrow should be around 350 miles then another one at 600ish so she will be ready . I'll bring my Gen and the usual stuff . I know sometimes it's a pain to get one of those power outlets there. Never ridden a 600 on track and I've never ridden too much on those pirelli rosso tires that come with it so that should be interesting.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Well change of plans had to drop the rs660 off at the shop so it looks like I'll be riding the rsv4 on the 16th. Now to see if I can get another day on those tires of if I should throw new ones on.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
@GONZORR you still heading to Thill this Saturday? Gonna be a hot as fuk day up there, thought I was taking the r1… “still under the knife” fittin a full titanium Akro system AND still waitin on my ecu from a reflash
I’ll be there on the bmw instead
Yes sir! I'll be hydrating all day tomorrow and I usually bring a pop up and cooler full of ice cold drinks still unsure if the fams Gonna tag along . But I'll have my generator and I have a spare set of warmers you're welcome to use. I'll be on the rs660 after all dealer called today and said it's all good .

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes sir! I'll be hydrating all day tomorrow and I usually bring a pop up and cooler full of ice cold drinks still unsure if the fams Gonna tag along . But I'll have my generator and I have a spare set of warmers you're welcome to use. I'll be on the rs660 after all dealer called today and said it's all good .
Thanks bro…Nice, I’m going up in my camper. I’m hydrating all day at work as well…keep my work out light tomorrow evening too. Not sure if my wife is going with me.
I’ll hit you up

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Anxious for the report fellas (y)
Okay home and settled! Today was the first day on track withbthe rs660 on pirelli rosso corsa 4 tires. Bike is completely stock. First thing I did was stop by the suspension booth and had Jim get my set up baselined. Stuck the bike on warmers 32f/28r cold. Goal was off track 35/35. First session out getting use to the bike lots of front end chatter. Second session I got comfortable and pushed a little more rear end kicks out driving hard out of corners. Very torquey little bike. Electronics are a bit funky .

Had the front softened up a bit and the rear stiffened some. That made alot of the front chatter go away and bike rode great the rest of the day . Had to drop rear pressures 2 psi to 33 rear and 35 front off the track to keep the sliding down. All in all I have alot of new information to work with a long way to go before I'm at pace with that bike but man is it a blast !!! Passed alot of people in the corners .

Had a freaking blast riding with @Fortysix&2 nice guy , pretty quick too . I did wind up buying some pirelli slicks sc2 front and rear to throw on when I wear these out . The plan is try slicks in all the brands and see which I like best. Gotta get some more forum member on track !
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber

Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame Crankset

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
194 Posts
Okay home and settled! Today was the first day on track withbthe rs660 on pirelli rosso corsa 4 tires. Bike is completely stock. First thing I did was stop by the suspension booth and had Jim get my set up baselined. Stuck the bike on warmers 32f/28r cold. Goal was off track 35/35. First session out getting use to the bike lots of front end chatter. Second session I got comfortable and pushed a little more rear end kicks out driving hard out of corners. Very torquey little bike. Electronics are a bit funky .

Had the front softened up a bit and the rear stiffened some. That made alot of the front chatter go away and bike rode great the rest of the day . Had to drop rear pressures 2 psi to 33 rear and 35 front off the track to keep the sliding down. All in all I have alot of new information to work with a long way to go before I'm at pace with that bike but man is it a blast !!! Passed alot of people in the corners .

Had a freaking blast riding with @Fortysix&2 nice guy , pretty quick too . I did wind up buying some pirelli slicks sc2 front and rear to throw on when I wear these out . The plan is try slicks in all the brands and see which I like best. Gotta get some more forum member on track ! View attachment 138604
View attachment 138606
View attachment 138605
It was great meeting you up there man! Thanks for the kind words. I definitely had a awesome time trying stay on your rear wheel.
We got to do some more track days

61 - 80 of 116 Posts