RC51 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Count me in ill get registered in the next day or so just gotta check and make sure the wife hasn't snuck anything into the calendar. Intermediate right ?.
Yessir
Wife’s having a pool party…
I’d rather ride🤡
My plan is to take the Yammie

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
My ambitious to do list;
ABS delete
Newly routed ss lines
Rotors n pads
PAIR delete n fuel vapor can delete
Slicks
520 conversion-1, +2
Fit race plastics (maybe paint)
That's quite alot but it sounds like it'll be a beast when it's done . That abs is a pain in all bikes lever feel is super funky on the apes because of that . I need to delete that on all my bikes and switch to gp shift.
I have to throw slicks on too those oem tires were not a hit with me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
So I'm looking at the z2 calander and they have a Sonoma date the 10/3 I believe and a laguna day 10/24 but that laguna day is 90db and I don't know if I have anything that will do that maybe the stock rs660 and apparently it's going to be repaved so if I don't get a laguna day in before November I might be waiting a long time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That 10/24 @ Laguna sounds enticing, 90db tho?
I’m already registered for Thill east on 10/10 w/Fun Track Dayz
I’m down with 10/3 @ Sonoma or 10/24 @ Laguna…
Damn, 90 db tho? My neighbors Prius is louder than that!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
That 10/24 @ Laguna sounds enticing, 90db tho?
I’m already registered for Thill east on 10/10 w/Fun Track Dayz
I’m down with 10/3 @ Sonoma or 10/24 @ Laguna…
Damn, 90 db tho? My neighbors Prius is louder than that!!
Yeah I'm thinking Sonoma I'll wait for a 105db day at laguna not trying to get hassled about sound. I'll let you know for sure probably sometime next week but unless the wife has something I'll book that up. Wish I could do the 10th too but I'm sure I can't do that one . Ever do any Buttonwillow days? Or socal ? I'm going to do big willow in socal the 25th of Sept.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking Sonoma I'll wait for a 105db day at laguna not trying to get hassled about sound. I'll let you know for sure probably sometime next week but unless the wife has something I'll book that up. Wish I could do the 10th too but I'm sure I can't do that one . Ever do any Buttonwillow days? Or socal ? I'm going to do big willow in socal the 25th of Sept.
Buttonwillow twice
and streets of willow twice
I’d like to hit chuck walla sometime

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Okay ! I usually prep for the track the Friday before if it's on a Saturday since they all have aligned with my Friday off on a 9/80 schedule. But next week is a full work week so I did my prep today ! Took the tires off the rs660 and threw on some slicks in 120/70. 180/60 combo sc2 pirelli compound. Found that factory alignment on the rear wheel was garbage so I fixed that . Put my first little bit of race bike on there not a huge deal but felt nice . Titanium caliper bolts predrilled for safety wire..... I was lazy and didn't wire them lol. Cleaned the chain and checked the tension . And taped it up after giving it a nice wipe down so she's ready for thill next Saturday. Gonna push a little harder and see if I can get those lap times down ! Here's some pictures..
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Bicycle part Rim

Tire Wheel Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Crankset Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Asphalt Fender Luggage and bags

Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2002 RC51
303 Posts
Looks awesome gonzo. Do you have warmers you'll use?

I made the mistake of stopping and looking at a new zx6r a few days ago. I'd love a newer 600 I4 for track duty but unfortunately at this stage in life I wouldn't be able to swing it and the RC.. I know I'd kick myself if I let the RC go but as newer I4's are drying up I'm tempted to snag one while I can.. sigh...

This thread isint helping haha

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Looks awesome gonzo. Do you have warmers you'll use?

I made the mistake of stopping and looking at a new zx6r a few days ago. I'd love a newer 600 I4 for track duty but unfortunately at this stage in life I wouldn't be able to swing it and the RC.. I know I'd kick myself if I let the RC go but as newer I4's are drying up I'm tempted to snag one while I can.. sigh...

This thread isint helping haha
Never let the rc go ! Lol the 600s will restock eventually but the rc will not. Maybe see if you can find a cheap Craigslist 600 to mess with at the track. And yup I always run warmers just got some dual temp chicken hawks that are really nice .. big upgrade from the ebays I had 10 years ago which did the job and I still have as a spare set. Slowly building up the track gear.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Here’s mine…got to have her ready for this Saturday too. Wishful thinking 😎
Looking good! Which one is faster ? The s1000rr or the yamaha ? I say you bring the slower one so I can keep up ? Lol jk. It's looking good though is that a polished aluminum tank ??

Oh looked into that October Sonoma day and I wanted to so the Ken Hill race school on the 3rd and 4th of October but carter's at the track has another Sonoma day also a Monday in September. Might just do that one. Let me know !

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
So jealous of you guys! Took a small break from nursery remodel and made some forward progress on the bike. New master cylinder, brake lines, clip-ons, quick turn throttle, grips, and brake lever guard. Unfortunately you can't see what those clip-one are attaching to :sneaky:

View attachment 138712
Nice ! Looks really good though. I totally understand only reason I'm getting the greenlight to get back into racing is because my smallest will be 6 soon. But I took a 10 year break . You'll get back on track soon .

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looking good! Which one is faster ? The s1000rr or the yamaha ? I say you bring the slower one so I can keep up ? Lol jk. It's looking good though is that a polished aluminum tank ??

Oh looked into that October Sonoma day and I wanted to so the Ken Hill race school on the 3rd and 4th of October but carter's at the track has another Sonoma day also a Monday in September. Might just do that one. Let me know !
Thanks. The r1 is faster and my plan is to bring it Saturday. Yep polished tank and swingarm
Shit man, your going to kill it out there!

81 - 100 of 152 Posts