RC51 Forums banner
121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
And the decision has been made for me ..... apparently I have an anniversary to celebrate the weekend before instead of the weekend after like I had thought. So there will be no fun track riding for me this weekend 😞. And I now have to go scramble and find a present .... yay ....
Happy Anniversary man. I’m on call…can’t make it either, see you at Thill next weekend 😎

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I've been meaning to ask you guys, how much have you dropped the front end (if any)? Also, any rider sag #s to share?
I'm dropped to 15mm in the front (2nd line)
And I'm running a 55 rear tire
As far as sag goes I'll be honest didn't write anything down last time at the track since the suspension needs to be reworked.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
The more the merrier man ! Peer pressure peer pressure hahaha jk jk . Be sweet if you did I'm just trying to use every tool I can to help get faster so I don't finish dead last when I finally start racing hopefully next year.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Had a great time at the track started off a little rough and I even thing @Fortysix&2 was right behind me when I got a little squirrelly hitting first after a false neutral right before a tight corner. Bit over all picked up some more speed felt good about 80% of the day and did a ton of passing. Pretty accomplished for the day . Gotta say though Dave Moss was there and as always outstanding guy . Had a small issue with my shifter peg placement being a bit off he tweaked it for me and send me on my way tried to pay him he said don't worry about it . Anyways looking forward to many more days like this last one . Here a pic of me waiting to hop on track
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
227 Posts
Had a great time at the track started off a little rough and I even thing @Fortysix&2 was right behind me when I got a little squirrelly hitting first after a false neutral right before a tight corner. Bit over all picked up some more speed felt good about 80% of the day and did a ton of passing. Pretty accomplished for the day . Gotta say though Dave Moss was there and as always outstanding guy . Had a small issue with my shifter peg placement being a bit off he tweaked it for me and send me on my way tried to pay him he said don't worry about it . Anyways looking forward to many more days like this last one . Here a pic of me waiting to hop on track View attachment 138850

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
T-Hill east today, holy shit! I’ve never seen so many crashes and peeps getting flown out. This was all before lunch. I dipped out in one peace. I did see 2 rc51’s in the B- group today.

Next weekend it’s back to the west track😎
Dang glad to hear you made it out in one piece . Bummed I missed this weekend good luck at west next week ill be at Buttonwillow the 10/11 th. Then willow springs the 25th they had no more b group for that day so I signed up for a we will see lol.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Y’all missed a killer open track on Tuesday. Yes, it was 112 in the afternoon session. But it didnt get over 100 until after we stopped for lunch at 1pm. We had awesome cloud cover for the morning so it was just perfect conditions to run PB’s out there all morning.
stuck around and made one last valiant effort after 2pm when it opened back up again, but the clouds were gone and the track was screaming hot. only 5 riders in the afternoon so basically wide open to run/practice/accidentally miss the apex on 5 and bunny hop the curb all you wanted.
we’re trying to set up another one before the end of the year, again, if you’ve only ever done session track days, this will rock your world. Small group of super supportive and helpful riders. Makes it feel more like a training camp than a race environment. We still had some fast guys out there, pulling sub 2min laps. Stay tuned for more info, hope to see you all out there.
-Scott

·
Registered
227 Posts
Y’all missed a killer open track on Tuesday. Yes, it was 112 in the afternoon session. But it didnt get over 100 until after we stopped for lunch at 1pm. We had awesome cloud cover for the morning so it was just perfect conditions to run PB’s out there all morning.
stuck around and made one last valiant effort after 2pm when it opened back up again, but the clouds were gone and the track was screaming hot. only 5 riders in the afternoon so basically wide open to run/practice/accidentally miss the apex on 5 and bunny hop the curb all you wanted.
we’re trying to set up another one before the end of the year, again, if you’ve only ever done session track days, this will rock your world. Small group of super supportive and helpful riders. Makes it feel more like a training camp than a race environment. We still had some fast guys out there, pulling sub 2min laps. Stay tuned for more info, hope to see you all out there.
-Scott
Scott
I’m in for the next one after reading your post, I’m definitely outta Thill right after lunch the last few weekends with the temps being up.
I’m going back out to the west track on Sunday. Shit, it’s going to be a bit chilly at 94😎

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
-Scott
Sounds like it was a great time hope you do get another one going. I'll try and make that one for sure. I've actually been looking at a trackday org on socal that does the open trackday format they mostly run chuckwalla think it's socaltrackdays. As far as the thill after lunch goes it gets pretty dang brutal usually when all the worse crashes happen too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
OK weekend therapy session at Buttonwillow! Started off pretty iffy forgot how much of a mind [email protected]%# this track is . But after a while I remembered some stuff along with getting some awesome tips from fellow riders thinking I may bump up to a group tomorrow. Well here's some pictures. View attachment 138929
View attachment 138928
[/QUOTE
Great to hear your increasing your pace and bumpin up to the A group. I’m heading out to Thill tomorrow for the west track, I’m trying it out on my beamer. Have a blast out there tomorrow
👊

121 - 140 of 152 Posts