RC51 Forums banner
141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Okay finished day two at button willow picked up more speed learned alot of neat little things . Gotta be honest learning how to ride a 600 is kicking my ass lol this track was great practice though some deceptive cornering and it was tough to get my gearing correct but all In all happy with the progress . Had to flip my rear tire to get through the day but pretty happy I got 4 days out of it and the front still look excellent.

@Fortysix&2 how did you do on West today ? Hope all went well .

·
Registered
227 Posts
Okay finished day two at button willow picked up more speed learned alot of neat little things . Gotta be honest learning how to ride a 600 is kicking my ass lol this track was great practice though some deceptive cornering and it was tough to get my gearing correct but all In all happy with the progress . Had to flip my rear tire to get through the day but pretty happy I got 4 days out of it and the front still look excellent.

@Fortysix&2 how did you do on West today ? Hope all went well .
Right on Gonzorr, 2 days in a row at Buttonwillow, great to hear you picked up your pace
I tried A group today for a session. My whole day was fantastic. I felt alot more comfortable riding the west track on the 1000. Picking up my pace and just “feelin it” 😎

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Well yesterday was a bust but they can't all be winners... rode 3 sessions at big willow , willow springs in socal. Then my buddy who I took on his first track day sent it a little too hard in the c group and broke his collar bone . I was going to ride a few more sessions since he said he was good ( we didn't know it was broken yet ) and I wound up twisting the crap out of my ankle in the pits... took it as a sign to go the hell home lol. Love that track though definitely due for a repair it's bumpy and full of tar snakes . But fast very fast. Now I'm healing the ankle as fast as I can for the ken hill school on Monday and Tues of next week .
Tire Wheel Sky Ecoregion Car

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well yesterday was a bust but they can't all be winners... rode 3 sessions at big willow , willow springs in socal. Then my buddy who I took on his first track day sent it a little too hard in the c group and broke his collar bone . I was going to ride a few more sessions since he said he was good ( we didn't know it was broken yet ) and I wound up twisting the crap out of my ankle in the pits... took it as a sign to go the hell home lol. Love that track though definitely due for a repair it's bumpy and full of tar snakes . But fast very fast. Now I'm healing the ankle as fast as I can for the ken hill school on Monday and Tues of next week . View attachment 139019
Sorry to hear about your buddy, and your ankle. Your 2 day Hill sessions will go a lot better man😎

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks man that's what I'm hoping for. When is your next track session ? Also just curious do you do any dirt riding ?
Not until 10/15 at Thill. Spending time with the fam. I’m going over a 2011 cbr600rr I just bought. Adding rearsets, clipons, QS and slicks. Looking forward to riding that up there for my last 2 track days of the year.
I’ve ridden Carnegie quite some time ago with my son, I may pickup a dirt bike soon though since it’s so close.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Not until 10/15 at Thill. Spending time with the fam. I’m going over a 2011 cbr600rr I just bought. Adding rearsets, clipons, QS and slicks. Looking forward to riding that up there for my last 2 track days of the year.
I’ve ridden Carnegie quite some time ago with my son, I may pickup a dirt bike soon though since it’s so close.
Yeah I waited too long for that one it's sold out I may go the 16th though not sure. Congrats on the bike though I'm having fun on the 600 but it's a whole different beast. Let me know if you do get a dirtbike I got one to try and stay fresh during the off season when the tracks go dead and maybe gain some skills . Been a blast so far but definitely a challenge and nothing like a road bike lol.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah I waited too long for that one it's sold out I may go the 16th though not sure. Congrats on the bike though I'm having fun on the 600 but it's a whole different beast. Let me know if you do get a dirtbike I got one to try and stay fresh during the off season when the tracks go dead and maybe gain some skills . Been a blast so far but definitely a challenge and nothing like a road bike lol.
I’ll take you up on that 👊

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Okay just got back from a two day ken hill pro school hosted by carters at the track and I must say best experience all year. Well worth it made a ton of progress every coach I worked with helped me get a bit better. I did have some issues with my suspension as I picked up speed and almost destroyed a brand new sc2 slick. Luckily dave moss sorted me out. @Fortysix&2 you would have had a blast man ! Missed ya out there . Ken hill gave classes in between sessions all in all I highly recommend anyone that's interested in taking the school next year to take it .
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle
l
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Road surface Vehicle

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Honestly yes I always like taking all my bikes to the track I probably wouldn't push the pace at all though I'd take it very easy since replacement stuff is so hard to come by.
Hope you get back out there I've had such a blast this year.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Okay just got back from a two day ken hill pro school hosted by carters at the track and I must say best experience all year. Well worth it made a ton of progress every coach I worked with helped me get a bit better. I did have some issues with my suspension as I picked up speed and almost destroyed a brand new sc2 slick. Luckily dave moss sorted me out. @Fortysix&2 you would have had a blast man ! Missed ya out there . Ken hill gave classes in between sessions all in all I highly recommend anyone that's interested in taking the school next year to take it . View attachment 139032 l
View attachment 139031
Yeah brother I wanted to register, definitely early next season I’ll get into a class. I’m stoked to hear you had a great learning experience with no mishaps.
(pimpjuice)

141 - 152 of 152 Posts