RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently located in "North" Cali, Sacramento to be exact.... Post up rides, troubles or anything that applies for the area....

you have support here!

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
Dayyyymn...jondog9 gets no love.:eek::D
I don't think he would have wanted to see me...I was on a mission. I went to Chico to pickup another bike, I was a little testy by the time I got to Sacto and worse when I got home, so actually I DID show him some love by not stopping.;)

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Dayyyymn...jondog9 gets no love.:eek::D
You better clean the goo off your bifoculs buddy! YtseJam said 'Jerry Brown', not jondog9.

Jerry Brown is turning into a crotchedy old gieser. And a bully.
I guess I would too, if everyday I had to deal with a CA Congress full of a bunch of money grubbing, lobbyist loving, no ethics having, self preservationists, who care only about themselves, getting re-elected, and their plethora of gov't perks.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
You better clean the goo off your bifoculs buddy! YtseJam said 'Jerry Brown', not jondog9.

I guess I would too, if everyday I had to deal with a CA Congress full of a bunch of money grubbing, lobbyist loving, no ethics having, self preservationists, who care only about themselves, getting re-elected, and their plethora of gov't perks.
I don't have bifocals....yet:D

You guys voted yourselves into this mess, I expect you to vote your way outta that mess.:cool::D

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts

I'm sure you heard the latest..you know the law they passed that prevents the lawmakers from accepting tickets and gratuities from lobbyists, but couldn't pass the mechanism that would pay for the "enforcement" because the $200K price tag was too high? Plus, we find out that since that law was passed, 2 lawmakers accepted tickets, one for Disneyland, and one for the U.S. Open. And Moonbeam was a douche his first term, just like his daddy.:mad:

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
Do tell the story in another thread....it sounds intriguing.:D
Since this thread is a mere shadow of how it started...sorry for the hi-jack:eek:, not sure if the story is worthy of it's own thread, so here goes. I had sold one of my bikes, a BMW RT a couple weeks ago and decided to get a Kawasaki Concours. I wanted to get something that the wifey and I could ride together. The RT was a great bike, but it was older and when they start breaking, mortgage the house because that's about what the repair bills will cost. I found a killer deal on a 2011 with 2500 miles on it up in Chico, so I decided to take a train up there and ride it back. The train goes as far as Modesto, about a 2 hour ride...you then transfer to a bus that takes you the remaining 3 hours, 5 hour trip in total. I met the seller at the bus depot, which was an older building with a train car in the parking lot that had been turned into a diner...pretty cool. The guy wanted CASH...FACE TO FACE, paranoid?.. you decide...:rolleyes:. I thought we would go back to his house for the transaction...NOPE!...right there in the bus parking lot, plus I had to count out the cash...S L O W L Y as per his direction. I even told hime that I felt like I was in the middle of a drug deal, he didn't laugh. At least I was finally getting rid of the cash I had been carrying for 5 hours! After the paperwork was finished, and him telling me everything about the bike I already knew, I was off...about 1 PM for the 4 1/2 hour ride back, in 100+ degree afternoon heat. I got about 2 hours into the ride and the seat was just killing me, not one of the better thought out features of the bike. I was shifting and moving around so much that I'm sure cagers who saw me figured either I had a roid the size of Mount Rushmore, or I was about to have a seizure. My only goal was to get home, and I ultimately did at about 6:30 that night, after stopping for gas and about half a gallon of lemonade at Jack In The Crack in Modesto....thank the good Lord for free re-fills! I didn't want my meeting with jondog9 spent rubbing my butt trying desperately to re-establish bloodflow, that's how you get a reputation....:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Since this thread is a mere shadow of how it started...sorry for the hi-jack:eek:, not sure if the story is worthy of it's own thread, so here goes. I had sold one of my bikes, a BMW RT a couple weeks ago and decided to get a Kawasaki Concours. I wanted to get something that the wifey and I could ride together. The RT was a great bike, but it was older and when they start breaking, mortgage the house because that's about what the repair bills will cost. I found a killer deal on a 2011 with 2500 miles on it up in Chico, so I decided to take a train up there and ride it back. The train goes as far as Modesto, about a 2 hour ride...you then transfer to a bus that takes you the remaining 3 hours, 5 hour trip in total. I met the seller at the bus depot, which was an older building with a train car in the parking lot that had been turned into a diner...pretty cool. The guy wanted CASH...FACE TO FACE, paranoid?.. you decide...:rolleyes:. I thought we would go back to his house for the transaction...NOPE!...right there in the bus parking lot, plus I had to count out the cash...S L O W L Y as per his direction. I even told hime that I felt like I was in the middle of a drug deal, he didn't laugh. At least I was finally getting rid of the cash I had been carrying for 5 hours! After the paperwork was finished, and him telling me everything about the bike I already knew, I was off...about 1 PM for the 4 1/2 hour ride back, in 100+ degree afternoon heat. I got about 2 hours into the ride and the seat was just killing me, not one of the better thought out features of the bike. I was shifting and moving around so much that I'm sure cagers who saw me figured either I had a roid the size of Mount Rushmore, or I was about to have a seizure. My only goal was to get home, and I ultimately did at about 6:30 that night, after stopping for gas and about half a gallon of lemonade at Jack In The Crack in Modesto....thank the good Lord for free re-fills! I didn't want my meeting with jondog9 spent rubbing my butt trying desperately to re-establish bloodflow, that's how you get a reputation....:eek:
If only they issued more than three hand gun permits each year in Cali....you'd feel a bit more secure.;) jondog knows a great massage parlor to get that roid worked out.:D (er...so I hear.:eek::D)

Lugar served his time....yes, I don't want these "public servants" serving more than 8 years only to become a lobbyist puppet millionaire. Beside, Dick hadn't lived in Indiana since close to 1977, he lives in Virginia. Which I find to be BS!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Amtrak train will go all the way up to Chico but it all depends on what time you choose. Or at least from Modesto it does after a quick switch in Sac. I have ridden the RC to Chico and back quite a few times and each time I tell myself I will never do it again so I have been going on the Amtrak the past year. There is no scenery once you pass Sac and, if you took 99 all the way up, there are SO many trucks on the two lane portion which has that rumble strip down the middle of it which together make it a crappy ride. Glad to know you got something for the missus to join you on though.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I don't have bifocals....yet:D

You guys voted yourselves into this mess, I expect you to vote your way outta that mess.:cool::D
Oh madbuyer. :rolleyes: If only it were that simple...

Kinda like you guys voting us Obama.....?;)
BlaDamm!

let's see, Romney or Obama :rolleyes:
Niether one of them is going to make the changes we really need.
Why? Please refer to the US Congress that's
full of a bunch of money grubbing, lobbyist loving, no ethics having, self preservationists, who care only about themselves, getting re-elected, and their plethora of gov't perks.

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
If only they issued more than three hand gun permits each year in Cali....you'd feel a bit more secure.;) jondog knows a great massage parlor to get that roid worked out.:D (er...so I hear.:eek::D)
We actually have a Sheriff who is a firm believer in self defense, so that's no problem...! At least I have that going for me....and I didn't have a roid, I looked like I did. But if I ever do, that's good advice, so much info here.:D

Lugar served his time....yes, I don't want these "public servants" serving more than 8 years only to become a lobbyist puppet millionaire. Beside, Dick hadn't lived in Indiana since close to 1977, he lives in Virginia. Which I find to be BS!!
I remember hearing about that during the campaign, besides it's only wrong if you get caught....right?:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
The Amtrak train will go all the way up to Chico but it all depends on what time you choose. Or at least from Modesto it does after a quick switch in Sac. I have ridden the RC to Chico and back quite a few times and each time I tell myself I will never do it again so I have been going on the Amtrak the past year. There is no scenery once you pass Sac and, if you took 99 all the way up, there are SO many trucks on the two lane portion which has that rumble strip down the middle of it which together make it a crappy ride. Glad to know you got something for the missus to join you on though.
The other bikes I have are realistically rider only bikes, unless the trip is around the block.:D I took 99 to 70 through Marysville, then I5 through Sacto then 4 to 99...not great, but definately not as bad as 99 all the way. I even asked the guy how the hell you end up in Chico?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts