RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently doing as much bolt replacement as i can at the moment, bit by bit. the next part im moving onto is replacing the mega bolts that hold the callipers and calliper brackets to the front forks.

mine are looking pretty shagged. can someone give me the bolt names and sizes to i can grab a new set?

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Contact Makis, i believe he just got some for his cbr 600 calipers, that he has for sale. Bolts are the same and he had them replaced with brand new stainless steel.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I replaced the rusty pinch bolts on my original calipers with stainless ones from Probolt some time ago. Then I gave the calipers away to my buddy.... but I'm going to get another set of calipers and take them back - to fit on my VFR in future. :D

Probolt caliper bolts fit great with no problems at all in my experience...

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It not the calliper bolts i need. ive already replaced them.

its the calliper bracket bolts that i need, the part that the callipers connect to.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Look up the parts fiche on www.ronayers.com and it'll tell you the size you need. If you want original parts it'll tell you the part number too. Sorted. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
.....i posted a parts fiche, post 3.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im sure that was a diagram for the callipers, but i needed info on the actual bracket that holds the callipers on, not the calliper itself.

Im sure someone tidied up and dip painted their brackets recently and replaced these bolts. cant remember where i saw it. he dip painted his brakets and they came out nice

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
oh ok, wasn't clear on exactly what you needed. For future reference if you back track on that same site you can go through every fiche for the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
i've found it pretty handy when searching parts etc.

Also look into the probolt stuff. Really nice quality stuff and usually not expensive either. I've used a few of their items on my RC.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Nope, pro bolt is a UK company. They have a US division though.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the 8 bolts for the caliper brackets im looking for are called BOLT, TORX (10X25)
The part number is: 90101-MCF-000

do i just order 8 x these. could have sworn that 2 of the bolts are slightly bigger than the other 6. or was i just imagining that?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts