RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This honda part # for the RC51 frame and wheel touch-up black does not exist in Canada. Can anyone get it in the US for me? Any help is much appreciated.

Frame & Wheel touch-up (13ml) Core Black Metallic

Part # 08P50-NH377M

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Did you go to ColorRite's website? That's who Honda buys their paint from.
I can tell you from experience, it wont match all that good. Your frame's black has oxidized over the years, and the touch-up will look a shade or two darker.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you go to ColorRite's website? That's who Honda buys their paint from.
I can tell you from experience, it wont match all that good. Your frame's black has oxidized over the years, and the touch-up will look a shade or two darker.
A good paint cleaning with various compounds as well as maybe a buffer, and that oxidation will clean right up. I got all the compounds and stuff for this already.

I've been to color rite. They don't have this code I'm looking for. Only from Honda.

I did order the silver from color rite in Canada. The website most know is only for US orders :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
It's a flat color. I wouldn't use a buffing wheel. You'll gain a shine that's not gonna look right. Trust me, I tried a small sample area.
The paint is so thin on the frame, I'm afraid if you use harsh compounds you'll fade it even more.
Call your Canadian ColorRite, I'm betting they'll accommodate you with the Core Black Metallic.
I ended up finding a PPG OEM paint but I just can't remember what car it was for. Do you have access to a sample book?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a flat color. I wouldn't use a buffing wheel. You'll gain a shine that's not gonna look right. Trust me, I tried a small sample area.
The paint is so thin on the frame, I'm afraid if you use harsh compounds you'll fade it even more.
Call your Canadian ColorRite, I'm betting they'll accommodate you with the Core Black Metallic.
I ended up finding a PPG OEM paint but I just can't remember what car it was for. Do you have access to a sample book?
Actually, it is not a flat colour. There is metallic in it visible on my bike, and as can be seen by the name.

And I don't have a black frame, so some minor difference in color isn't a big deal to me because I will use this on the wheels.

I have no access to sample books and no faith that ColorRite Canada will care. They go by paint code. I'll still ask, and if I have any luck I'll report back.

I also found out some superceded part numbers from honda will work.
08P50 NH377M
08P50NH377M
HN-08P50-NH377M

Anyway, any help is still appreciated in getting me a US honda touch up pen of this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts