RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I mentioned in other posts, I removed the harness to give it a good once over. I found a few connectors that had no other halves that I could see. Could you guys/gals take a look at the pictures and see if you can name any of the connectors in question?

This first one is near the middle where the front and rear harnesses connect.
photo 7.jpg

This next one is the front harness connectors. Main questions are these. Is there suppose to be that one blue/purple looking wire? It is only a one wire connection. Also, the yellow looking connector in the middle of the pictures the coil connection. Right?
photo 3.jpg

This is the connectors to the rear harness. What is the big grey connection on the top of the picture and what is the green one with the funny connector? I think the green may be the kickstand switch and that wire is there to "trick" the computer? The bike has an after market kickstand and I do not see the switch at all. It was removed.
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg

To be continued...

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These wires are near the starter fuse. The green is cut just like the other green one mentioned above. It also had one of those wires in it but it was damaged. Again, is the yellow/off white connector for the coil?
photo 1.jpg

Single spade connector, I have yet to find its other half.
photo 2.jpg

Last question, sorry no pictures of this one. Off the positive battery terminal is a fuse and a wire. What does the wire connect to?

Thanks guys. I have the manual printed out and it has helped a lot, but sometimes the black and white sketch of the bike isn't clear on where the wires go.
Canty

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, one more thing. Aside from just piece of mind with a new bikes harness, the other reason I pulled to go through it was because I am not getting spark or fuel. The fuel pump primes and the kill switch is off.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
This wire, first pic in first post.??
Without knowing the wire colors, it's just wild guessing

The same plug is used to the IAT sensor as well as the BARO sensor

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty sure the wire in the first post you're talking about is to the sensor on top of the air box. Or at least that is where I connected it to. Although, with as many codes as I have it may be wrong.
Thanks for the diagram. I need to go over each connection and verify the colors.

Thanks again guys.
Canty

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Or at least that is where I connected it to. Although, with as many codes as I have it may be wrong.
Thanks for the diagram. I need to go over each connection and verify the colors.
Canty
Make sure you connect the right connector to the correct sensor by verifying the colors of the wires, otherwise you'll be creating more problems than you solve

Good luck!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, I am sitting is Stats class googling possible answers to my bikes issues, yup...I am a great student! Anyway, the green connector in question is a bank angle sensor connector. Since the sensor is missing and the wires are open, that will not allow electricity to flow. According to Google, when the bank angle sensor trips it cuts power to the coils. Maybe why my bike refuses to start. However, "IF" it is causing my no spark issue, could/would it also cause my injectors not to fire?
Canty

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Hey guys, I am sitting is Stats class googling possible answers to my bikes issues, yup...I am a great student! Anyway, the green connector in question is a bank angle sensor connector. Since the sensor is missing and the wires are open, that will not allow electricity to flow. According to Google, when the bank angle sensor trips it cuts power to the coils. Maybe why my bike refuses to start. However, "IF" it is causing my no spark issue, could/would it also cause my injectors not to fire?
Canty
Yes, when the angle relay tilts approx. 60deg the sensor arms or disarms it's relay.
Less than 60deg, it arms it actually!

That relay then suppplies power to the fuel injectors and ECU (and Converter Unit on SP1s) circuits and the bike runs or cut offs accordingly.
On SP2s, Converter Unit is powered directly from the Regulator/Rectifier's Red (+)

Power constantly comes from the R/W wire (the solo wire with that annoying Fuse on the Battery's lid) and when the angle sensor is ON, the Red/Orange and Black engages the coil that switches on the power to it's other two wires

AND

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
BTW, I think that, that's why SP2s toast R/Rs more frequently than SP1s

Cause when your battery or R/R fails, the Volts are gradually reducing to 0-2V

On the SP1, the relays internal switch has a spring that tends to push it away from it's contacts. So when the Volts are decreasing rapidly from a blown R/R, at some point the power that pulls the switch gets less than the spring's power and the circuit opens.

You can imagine what a constantly decreasing Voltage eventually to 0, does on an integrated circuit board as the Converter Unit Box....just my $0.02 on that

1 - 20 of 106 Posts