1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cant Believe it....***UPDATED***

***UPDATE**

Read my last post....

Ok so I screwed up...blah.... I actually have butterflies in my stomach.

I have been looking at RC51s for SOOOOOOOO long. I used to have a VTR1000 and loved the bike. I swore I would own nothing else after that than an RC51.

anyway about 2 weeks ago my wife gave me the ok to get another bike.

so a few RCs were for sale. one was beat up and asking way to much. The other was perfect but then the guy backed out of the sale and kept it. so I looked and looked. even thought about flying to another place and driving one back.

then I came across a 2006 zx10r ninja that was a smoken deal. couldnt pass it up. Bought the ninja. Well then 2 days later a sweet 2002 RC51 came for sale. had everything on it that I would need. Low mileage etc and an awesome price.

Now im stuck with this ninja. I could buy the RC and sell the ninja but wife will KILL me.

The RC is at a dealer so im trying to see what he would trade the ninja for but we all know how trades happen....

What would you guys do??

where is the head smash emote lol

Stiff

Pic of the RC51. Its a 2002 with 22000km and has SATO pipes....and a picture of the ninja with a pipe and 33000km....

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Actually, I think don't think Nobody got down like that, but MB is from IN ;)

As for the original question...hmmmm...seeing this is an RC forum...hmmmm...I'd say sell the ZX and get an R6 :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Actually, I think don't think Nobody got down like that, but MB is from IN ;)

As for the original question...hmmmm...seeing this is an RC forum...hmmmm...I'd say sell the ZX and get an R6 :eek:
I was thinking GS500......but who would do that to their GS500?:D

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no love, no love at all hahah

Well I just traded that POS ninja and bought that 02 RC51.

It is in great condition. I paid 1000 incl taxes extra with the trade of the ninja but the guy threw in a front and rear tire...

here are some pics... absolutely love this thing...

Mods are from what I can see...double bubble windscreen, PCIII, rear under tail kit, braided brake lines, Sato racing pipes (not sure if full system) front shocks look to be a bit different on the top part, adjustable levers. and that's what I see for now..oh and a gear indicator but doesn't look to be working...

Stiff

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lookin' good!

Also looks like you might have been stressing your mufflers with those tie-down straps? Oh well, done now! :)
ya I did a bit. they weren't that tight which was good but I did put a small dimple in on of the pipes...very small tho... next time ill figure something else out ...

:(

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Welcome! Good to see someone trading a newer & supposedly faster bike for an RC51.
Just wondering if it's had a repaint at some point, as those lines on the black wing don't look original on the tank?

Also, are the wheels polished?

Mighr be good to get those powder coated if so, unless you like polishing regularly.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome! Good to see someone trading a newer & supposedly faster bike for an RC51.
Just wondering if it's had a repaint at some point, as those lines on the black wing don't look original on the tank?

Also, are the wheels polished?

Mighr be good to get those powder coated if so, unless you like polishing regularly.
im not sure on the repainting part. The dealer told me that is was not a rebuild. even tho that dont mean crap haha...so im not sure.

and yeah the wheels are polished I think but when I get the new tires installed im going to plasti-dip the wheels all black. worked great on my truck and a lot cheaper than powder coating...

just looked at another picture. tank lines look original dont they?

look at this picture and then mine is the second picture..

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
OK, maybe they are original lines, I was looking at this pic & it appeared the top black part went all the way around the tank:

I wouldn't plastic coat wheels. It'll probably mark easily when changing tires compared to powder coating...

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, maybe they are original lines, I was looking at this pic & it appeared the top black part went all the way around the tank:

I wouldn't plastic coat wheels. It'll probably mark easily when changing tires compared to powder coating...
it will mark easy but its only $6 a can and that will do both wheels. So I can do it after every tire change...

Here is my truck wheels and after these canadian winters and the salt they use up here in the east. and a tire change it is still going strong... awesome stuff. best part if I dont like it I can just peel it off and its like it was never there...

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6CmiZu55iw

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Not bad at all ..stiffler.. You say eastern Canada, but are you from AB by chance? SWS is based an hour south of me....:D

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
The sticker on your enclosed trailer: SWS Trailer Sales logo, Westlock Alberta. It's possible they are affiliated elsewhere as well, but I've never seen the logo other than around here.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The sticker on your enclosed trailer: SWS Trailer Sales logo, Westlock Alberta. It's possible they are affiliated elsewhere as well, but I've never seen the logo other than around here.
Ahhh. Hahahha. I was like wth. Haha. Now I see it lol. That's where I bought my trailer in Westlock. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts