RC51 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Lights in daytime are for visibility. They add a bit of safety where there are oncoming vehicles. I wouldn't ride without!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I may know of a guy...

Nice, take credit for something that is an exact copy of a set that I made. Looks like you made a splash mold right off a pair of them.

I went to the basement just to check on a set I kept.... comparing all the creases in the mount tabs areas (from fashioning the tabs) from the photo of yours are exactly where they are on the set i'm looking at in my hand....

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with you copying them since I'm no longer interested in making them, only that you are taking credit for something that you didn't create...

apologies for shitting in your thread op

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DHC not cool

You owe me apology for assuming i am copying your shit, first of all its carbon vinyl 4d wrap, second of all if i was to make it it would be completely different design. So don't go around shitting on my thread and accusing me of copying your shit, and i say shit cause i am pissed you would accuse me of copying your shit without sending a PM first.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You owe me apology for assuming i am copying your shit, first of all its carbon vinyl 4d wrap, second of all if i was to make it it would be completely different design. So don't go around shitting on my thread and accusing me of copying your shit, and i say shit cause i am pissed you would accuse me of copying your shit without sending a PM first.
Gunny, It wasn't DHC that accused you of anything.

I accused DHC.

I was the one that saw DHC's post about some carbon inserts that he copied off a set I made and offered for sale to the community many many years ago...

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
First off. The set pictured is a set that YOU made not I.

I got them from a previous client of yours who said they were absolute shit. Full of pinholes and unfinished edges etc...

Mine look much better.

Second. IF you want to act like that, that is totally fine. I have done nothing wrong.

·
Registered
39 Posts
First off. The set pictured is a set that YOU made not I.

I got them from a previous client of yours who said they were absolute shit. Full of pinholes and unfinished edges etc...

Mine look much better.

Second. IF you want to act like that, that is totally fine. I have done nothing wrong.

HAHA you are a joke!

I remained civil and level headed in my calling you out on something I took issue with. No "acting like that" on my part...

I called you out on something that was true given that you're posting the picture of my "shit" set and also posting it on your site and facebook !?.... which you are passing off as your own! Not once did I call you out on anything out of line.

So you post a set of something I made and pass it off as your work to try and entice new customers....?

Then you go on to say that it's full of pinholes! lol.... Every single set I made was flawless and clear coated. Not once did I ever get a response other than praise from all the sets I sold!

Anyways.... "your" pictured set above is clearly a mold right off my "SHIT" set.

If you want to talk shit lets do it. Lets start with your pictured set right there.

It's clearly a failure all over. Just because you were able to get a glossy picture means nothing.
1) it's obviously heavy, you can see how much resin you used to make up for the fact that you are using wet-layup. my bad, I just saw on your facebook that you use vac-bag.... still though, same limitation as wet-lay, you can't control your resin to get a decent ratio....
2) since you are using wet-layup vac-bag the edges are full of excess resin and clearly the carbon fabric is bridging over the mold. That's why in the edges the dark tint of the resin you use is visible.... I'm sure if you took an even closer look within the bridged resin areas you would even see tons of miniscule bubbles..... just the nature of wet-lay & vac bagging, though to get away from....

...this magnificent set of yours looks only marginally better than MRGRN's.... His were only crappier because he used shit for a mold where as you actually used mine for a mold and were able to get a decent sharp contour around the periphery... although you are only filling it in with resin and not carbon.... visible on all your parts. still the lamination of yours is no different.

before you decide you want to talk shit make sure you know your craft. ;)

Edit: NICE work, you managed to swap out the counterfeit picture of mine in your original post.... hahah you are a tool good thing I "quoted" you so it saved the picture

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
@20_rc51_00

DHC has a good reputation on this forum for the products he makes and I see no complaints from those he supplies, only words of praise. As someone not supplied by him, you're out of order here - trying to damage his reputation. It's clear for anybody to see there are differences between his and your's so there's no exact copy.

As someone with 31 posts you strike me as someone with little history on the forum trying to kick up a stink now. Give it a break, it's not what this place is about.

Your feeler thread had me fairly commited to having a set of endurance style tail lights for my SP, but after seeing your post directly above and realising it's from the same person - I'm not so sure now I want to deal with someone who demonstrates such nature.
Seriously - you do yourself an injustice and would likely be better off making peace & deleting your posts....

If you want to behave like this, Speedzilla is the place. Speedzilla.com, Inc.

Reactions: Duckhunter

·
Registered
39 Posts
@20_rc51_00

DHC has a good reputation on this forum for the products he makes and I see no complaints from those he supplies, only words of praise. As someone not supplied by him, you're out of order here - trying to damage his reputation. It's clear for anybody to see there are differences between his and your's so there's no exact copy.

As someone with 31 posts you strike me as someone with little history on the forum trying to kick up a stink now. Give it a break, it's not what this place is about. Your feeler thread had me interested in having a set of endurance style tail lights for my SP, but after seeing your post above I'm not so sure now I want to deal with someone who demonstrates such nature, seriously - you do yourself an injustice and would be better off making peace & deleting your posts.

If you want to behave like this, Speedzilla is the place. Speedzilla.com, Inc.
I agree he has a good rep and people are happy with what he does. My issue is with what I laid out in my post regarding his misrepresentation and then stating it's"shit". There was nowhere that I was out of line or bashed him in any way until he invited it with his negative response...

I think you miss read the post here.

I've been a member for a long long time. Only speedzilla was more active in the past. And it came to my attention that he was misrepresenting something as his work is all. I can't see how anyone wouldn't be a bit offended when not so much as credit is given and that's all I was asking for..... And afterwards get denial and defamed and mischaracterized....

But I guess that's not obvious to some.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
The reason some including myself left Speedzilla and came here instead was precisely because we prefer to avoid stuff like you posted above. Keep it peaceful please.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
stig, Andrew has been around for a very very long time. just because you don't know him does not make him new.

and using your reputation here to tarnish someone with his own reputation you are unaware of is not acceptable either.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Yes, I've seen Andrew's posts over the years and his efforts with the endurance tail lights, but that was on Zilla. Most here won't be aware of his bike, his skills, etc.

What I said above would be difficult to misconstrue, so I won't dignify your accusation with a response. To do so would be counter productive here, Sheriff. :grin2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.