RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thought this may be of interest to some people here, I am putting together a carbon fiber subframe for my SP1.

I have tried to combine the exhaust hangers with the subframe to reduce weight further. I need to put the bike back together before I can test it fully but seems fairly sturdy so far.

It takes both the standard seat and fairing using stock locations.

I have managed to arrange most of the electrics quite well into the new subframe, but have one quick question regarding the wiring. Does the ignition coil have to be earthed at its mount points? It seems to run fine without earthing to anything, but part of me feels it should be earthed. The wiring diagram I have doesn't seem to suggest it needs to be :confused:

Chris

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
...Does the ignition coil have to be earthed at its mount points? It seems to run fine without earthing to anything, but part of me feels it should be earthed...
Chris
The coil shouldn't require grounding where it mounts to the subframe.
The coil's ground is the green wire on the connector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you do your own mufflers also? the hangers are a bit chunky but the rest looks great!
Yeah, I tidied up a pair of crash damaged mufflers.

I'm still finalizing the hangers, once I get a few tests done I will hopefully be slimming them down a bit.

SubSailor said:
The coil shouldn't require grounding where it mounts to the subframe.
The coil's ground is the green wire on the connector.
Thanks, that's good to know.

Next task is also to relocate the battery under the oil filter, before I contemplate doing the tank in carbon ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts