RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"2011 World Superbike champion Carlos Checa will announce his retirement from racing Saturday at Jerez after a disappointing and injury-marred 2013 season with Ducati and the lack of a strong offer for 2014."

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
He's had a long career. Shame Ducati can't make it work especially with a money laiden owner such as Audi. Not sure why they bought Ducati really...

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Because Ducati still is a money maker. They still sell a ton of bikes, especially in the US. They are sucking in racing right now, but honestly this is the first really bad year for them in WSBK and i attribute that to the Panigale development and not having a factory team. They always did really well with a factory team and even did well the first year or two after they dropped out of WSBK. Give it another year or two and it will be much better (just like the BMW). Motogp is just a mess for them, and they refuse to scrap the GP and move on.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Checa was my favorite SBK rider. I actually stopped following SBK this year (lack of time), especially after his first few races. It was obvious he was done.

He was the James Bond of WSBK. Older dude, cool, calm, but could still ride that 1098 like he was 20 years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts