110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V Track Wheels
Installation: (Help?!?)

Torque settings:

Axle bolts : (1/2) recommended torque value
Rotor Bolts : OEM torque setting(????)*
Sprocket Bolts : OEM torque setting(????)*

* - Assuming steel or titanium nuts/bolts.

Also, any input on wheel orientation? I've came to the conclusion that the right side of the wheels have the letter engravings.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Common Torque Values

The reason they tell you to use half the recommended torque setting on the Carroz wheels is because there is a flaw in the overall design likely with the tolerances of the bearings and internal spacers. When people used the OEM specs or even close to it they would end up putting lateral pressure on the bearings as they pressed into the internal spacer (collar) and the bearings would disintegrate.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Carrozzeria V Star axle shaft nut torque values as spec is 35 - 40 ft lbs on front / 55 - 60 ft lbs on rear axle nut............Tightening torque value for sprocket nuts are 55-70 ft/lbs...................
Rear wheel rotor carrier tightening torque value for the allen bolts ; 30 ft/lbs

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM spec on the front axle is 43 ft/lbs, which @ 1/2 is 21.5 ft/lbs <--:confused:-- that kind of bothers me. I do remember reading somewhere to run 30% less on the front axle, and 50% on the the rear axle. So, more like, 30 ft/lbs front and 47 ft/lbs rear. Which is less bothersome and closer to your numbers. I'm curious about your resource for the axle nut/bolt torque values?
35 - 40 ft lbs on front / 55 - 60 ft lbs on rear
Thanks for the quick responses by the way. Any insight on wheel direction? I've concluded the lettering is engraved on the spokes on one side of each wheel, which is definitely the right side of the rear, and presumably also on the right side of the front. The previous owner had the front tire mounted with the lettering on the right.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I still have the direction arrow , ill check the writing 2 morro 4 u

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
writing is facing the right hand side just like it is on the rear / the other side of the cush drive

Reactions: CuriousRVT

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, that's what I suspected, thank you very much for confirming. I e-mailed CZ, which is now owned by Core Moto, and their answer really didn't help.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Thanks RVT , I have dealt with the guy in Cali and he was somewhat helpful but now wit a east coast connection

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Photo of my CZ Tri-R front wheel riders left side, showing markings.

Photo showing Tri-R front wheel inside engravings readable from riders left, along with direction arrow label.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Awesome info , I didn't remember the arrow on the inside of the rim . It's been awhile since I spooned on my Q3s ......Thanks Sub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts