RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my set of Catalyst Composites track bodywork. Never down, it's seen less than 10 trackdays worth of miles. The front of the lower where the v cowl would be on stock plastics was warped by heat from the header and there is a small burn mark where the mids come out for high mounts. I have cut them for sliders also. They have rivet-on DZUS fasteners as well. I will include a new package of heat shielding (which I should have used...) PLUS the super-ultra-limited edition #69 Nicky Hayden memorial stickers for free! $500 shipped!

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Why not? You donot sleep with your wife either? many :)

Last year I took my SP to 2 tracks. No kneedown antics or maxleanangle, started in a beginners group. The thrill is 2nd to none.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a bundle of trackdays under my belt. Telling myself I am going to find a good RC51, but not risk her at the track. We'll see how that stands up over time.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I have a bundle of trackdays under my belt. Telling myself I am going to find a good RC51, but not risk her at the track. We'll see how that stands up over time.
I have hundreds of trackdays under my belt and I say put her at risk! Just be smart about it and upgrade your suspension and dial in the geometry correctly before you try to push the envelope or you will crash. In stock form they simply do not handle for shit. The suffer from too much stability and you can't get them to change direction even when a correction is needed let alone an evasive maneuver.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
if you have an rc51 and don't ride it at the track at least half-angrily, you're really missing what makes it a fun bike. especially if you have taken the time to get it setup right as mike suggested (also bug him for settings, leave me alone lol)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you have an rc51 and don't ride it at the track at least half-angrily, you're really missing what makes it a fun bike. especially if you have taken the time to get it setup right as mike suggested (also bug him for settings, leave me alone lol)
What he said!! This bike is amazing on the track!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No sir, I will keep it all as a complete set. You can probably reach out to Catalyst or Armour Bodies and see if they can get you just a tail. Or try and find a rashed one on Ebay and clean it up. I did that for my first set of track plastics on my old 600rr.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts