RC51 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Premium Member
531 Posts
Of course the newer wheels look better (more like forged wheels) are lighter and maybe plentiful,but probably the biggest benefit (along with the lowered unsprung weight) will be less gyroscopic effect (many light spokes spinning vs 3 heavy ones-cbr wheels 5 or 6 RC51) and will be obvious when cornering at any speed.

good work Andy and keep making these parts if you can.

· Registered
51 Posts
My apologies too Drew, just struck me wrong considering that to me, you are doing the community a favor. Thanks man! Hope these are still around when I eventually get a set of lightweight wheels which most likely will be cbr1k or factory Honda wheels off a new gen.

· Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
More kits on order if anyone is still looking for a set.
I will also have rotor spacers made for use with actual RC51 spec rotors as well.
Cost will be a little more though because of this...$120 shipped in CONUS.
A kit with the RC rotor spacers will be $150 shipped.

· Registered
56 Posts
Hey there Drew. Looks like there's been a lot of chatter on this thread so I just want to clean things up to make sure I, and everyone, understand the pricing/requirements. This is mainly around your 19 January post about RC spec rotors. I've tried to break it down below. Would you mind correcting me on pricing please? I appreciate it sir.

If I'm you use the CBR rotor ref on page 1 it's $95 for the kit. So CBR front rotor and rear RC51 rotor?
Kit including RC spacers to use the RC front brake is $120?
A kit with the RC rotor spacers for the rear and front $150?

· Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The $95 price was the first run when I only had the CBR rotor spacers.
This time around the cost was increased due to adding the RC spec rotor spacers.
$120 for a kit with CBR rotor spacers
$150 for a kit with RC rotor spacers.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts