RC51 Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
I guess I'm a bit new to this. I saw someone on Facebook who had installed gold-colored CBR wheels and the bike look great. Of course they were lighter too and that's awesome. What would I need to take a stock RC51 so that I can add those wheels down the road someday as simply as possible.?

· Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
The kit that I have for sale now does the trick for the front conversion...The rear wheel is a direct swap. Any other questions.....??

BTW.....I'm Andy G on FB and just about everywhere else in the world, so those are probably my kits you will see on there for sale.

Attachments

· Registered
116 Posts
LOL. Yeah, I know. :) We've been in touch a lot lately: regarding the Sato cans that Tom's replacing, the mid pipe you're sending me...

Alright, just PM'd you via facebook IM. I'll buy a set. You can throw them in the box with the mid pipe. :)

· Registered
22 Posts
Would this kit also work with a CBR aftermarket wheel or only OEM wheel ? I can't see why it wouldn't if the aftermarket wheel is made to fit the CBR It should have same dimensions as the OEM wheel correct ? Just wanted to check before ordering a kit. I have Marchesini wheels for a 2013 CBR1000 and want to fit them on my 02 RC51

· Registered
1,876 Posts
Would this kit also work with a CBR aftermarket wheel or only OEM wheel ? I can't see why it wouldn't if the aftermarket wheel is made to fit the CBR It should have same dimensions as the OEM wheel correct ? Just wanted to check before ordering a kit. I have Marchesini wheels for a 2013 CBR1000 and want to fit them on my 02 RC51
the rotor spacers will work, it's very unlikely the wheel spacers will.

there is no assurance that the hub width is the same on an aftermarket wheel vs an oem. only the rotor spacing must be the same.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts