RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the transistors needed to repair my CDI and am wondering if there is special solder needed? I have solder with flux inside. I’m concerned that my soldering iron my be too hot and damage the electronic components. Any help here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I just received the transistors needed to repair my CDI and am wondering if there is special solder needed? I have solder with flux inside. I’m concerned that my soldering iron my be too hot and damage the electronic components. Any help here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Ground the board and yourself. The solder you buy off the shelf is similar to what is used in production. (Only electronic manufacturers usually buy in ingot form for the solder wave machines)

If it gets that hot, you have a fire. (Which it won't)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Aaaaahhh solder wave machines! I remember seeing them in Scotland and Taiwan.....

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Aaaaahhh solder wave machines! I remember seeing them in Scotland and Taiwan.....
I saw them for the past 15+ years down in a little plant in NC that makes almost all of Honda's domestic ECUs.:nerd:

Reactions: jondog9
1 - 4 of 4 Posts