RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Why would you need a frame protector? That is one thing I never really understood.

I have never thought much of mark/carbonpartz either. That is just my opinion and other's have different ones. Funny that the seller want's $61 for this one, and a new one is $65. That sounds like quite the deal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol. Yeah I guess it's really not a great deal. I won't lie, I had a couple racer 5's last night. :D

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
not to mention its only one side.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
+1
But...
Now is it to protect the frame, or to protect you leg from heat from the frame?
My guess is the latter of the two.

James

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com App
Take off your dress when you ride. I wear pants. :D

Honestly, I think they are just a byproduct of the carbon fiber craze. People want to cover everything in that shit, even if it serves no actual purpose. There are guys painting fake patterns on their cars just for the look, wrapping things in vinyl wrap with the pattern in it, etc etc. You name it, and somebody has done it. Adding something like this is simply for looks. Any actual damage that would happen to your frame is going to rip right through a couple layers of carbon. I'm talking like dents and stuff, of course sliding down the road might be different, but frames usually don't get rashed. Same goes for swingarms and swingarm covers. Silly stuff, just for looks. Now I did actually have carbon fiber frame covers on my R1, but that was because there was a big ass dent from a bar end in the side of the frame.

The ironic part of the carbon fiber craze is that the material is used for replacing necessary items for weight savings. Adding all this carbon fiber stuff is counter productive given the main use of the material. Makes it about as useful as this thing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts