RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 2000 RC51 with Jardine Carbon Fiber HiMount exhaust (not the 2 into 1) but my wife likes to ride occasionally and with the HiMount there is no rear passenger peg. I like the exhaust but am wondering if it would be possible to change it from HiMount to a more OEM set-up (lower) so that I can remount rear pegs for a passenger. Any ideas? I was thinking that if I could find the pipes (the one into two section) I could then slip the carbon fiber cans back on and attach them to the passenger pegs. Would that work?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 2000 RC51 with Jardine Carbon Fiber HiMount exhaust (not the 2 into 1) but my wife likes to ride occasionally and with the HiMount there is no rear passenger peg. I like the exhaust but am wondering if it would be possible to change it from HiMount to a more OEM set-up (lower) so that I can remount rear pegs for a passenger. Any ideas? I was thinking that if I could find the pipes (the one into two section) I could then slip the carbon fiber cans back on and attach them to the passenger pegs. Would that work?
The low mount exhausts have a different shaped mid-pipe. You will need the proper mid pipes and mount hardware to move the cans to the lower position.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
It just so happens that I have a set of low mount midpipes and cans sitting in the garage, I put low mount Sato’on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts