RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Dead battery. No rise in volts with engine running so charging system. Checked diode across rectifier, all good. Checked resistance on stator side and was good too. Started engine and checked AC output.. at idle 23v, 23v and 13v (馃槦). Check at 5000 rpm 40v, 40v and 21v (馃槩)
Pretty sure even the two "good" windings are not making enough AC and the third is for sure f*cked. No riding for this cat and the '51 off to the shop.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Although I may try to replace myself. I have the stator being delivered to my house so I'll check into difficultly of doing the work

Registered
Your AC volts sound too low, aside from the obviously bad leg. I believe they should be north of 65 or so at 5K rpm's.

Attachments

Registered
stator is easy. i did mine. just be careful on the new gasket, it has to go on dry EXCEPT for a dab of sealant where the case splits and one other area. i made the mistake of not using it before i had known and had to do the cover job over when i sprang a leak, also has to buy a 2nd gasket. sigh.......

Registered
yw, youll have to drain the oil to do the job, so a gasket is a necessity when you pull the cover off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts