RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate having to go back and do this cos ive just put everything engine/throttlebody/airbox back together. but, whats the easiest way to check the plugs? just hoping i dont need to go nuts stripping everything down again, time aint on my side.

Still taking its time firing up, shouldnt do that with a new batt, clean fuel filter and FPR.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's a damn shame. Sounds like you crossed your t's but forgot to dot the i's. :sly: Don't need to undo much I think. Tank needs to be peeled back a bit though for the rear plug not sure if it needs to be completely off, but it sure made it easier. And idk bout sp2 but the oil cooler needs to be loosened and pushed out of the way on sp1 for the front.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its an sp1 but with an sp2 engine (hence the 1.5 owner in my signature).

Ive heard that the tank can be peeled back for the rear plug and the black guard behind the front wheel can be removed to access the front plug, that right?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I can access the rear cylinder just fine by lifting the tank. The front is easily accessed by removing the black sneeze shield.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
By the sound of it, the bike is firing up though right? I remember you having problems a few months back, or am I thinking of another member?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could have been me mate. before it went away for its winter work it would barely start at all unless you revved the bollocks off of it, then it wouldnt start at all.

since the winter work (among other things) it had a new motobatt, the fuel filters been checked and cleaned out and a new FPR.

It does start now, but takes its time in doing so

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was also having some hard time in removing the plugs. I need to remove all the side fairings just to access it. May I ask madbuyer, what do you call that piece? I may need one for my self.

·
Registered
729 Posts
They are normally referred to as a UJ this side of the pond Polarbear, why not use the standard toolkit plugspanner?

·
Registered
729 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts