RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a source for 3'' risers, Heli stopped making them for the RC51 and I haven't seen anything for sale. Could use the names of other manufactures?
Thankx Marty

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
little off topic, but just noticed you are from Parker. MY wife is from the Stonegate area. We should meet up sometime.

As far as risers go, they are really hard to find for this bike. i had a pair of Helibars, which were nice. They pop up every once in awhile. keep an eye out on here, speedzill, and ebay.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
3 inch risers are going to hit the front fairing. I think 9hondas over on speedzilla is making another run of his (which are similar to heli-bars, but better). That is your best bet.

A cheap option is buying a set of later model stock clip ons off a cbr1000rr (04-07). They will give you more rise (the angle stays the same). Do much rise that you actually can't bring them up to the underside of the top triple without hitting the fairing.

Any standard clip-ons will get you about an inch, and won't hit the fairing. This is because the stock RC bars come down off the clamp. So a set of 3 inch risers from woodcraft will actually give you a rise of nearly four inches.

One more option can be seen in my build thread below:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts