RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I've had some new bars and a sprocket swap that I haven't installed yet. Are there any tricks to removing and installing the new bars? The Rogue site says something about melting nubs...

Also, is there any fluid draining or leaking when changing the front sprocket, or does the clutch just need to be bled? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Hey,

When installing clip-ons remove the 41mm (if I remembr right) nut and all other clamp bolts and the top triple clamp should just slide off. the nub rogue is talking about is on the throttle housing. with aftermarket clip ons you either have to drill a hole or cut the nub off to mount your controls.
For the front sprocket, I didn't need to do either after pulling off my sprocket cover/clutch slave. Just don't touch the clutch lever after you have taken the slave cyclender off.

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
If u have frame sliders lift the bike onto two jack stands then loosen the bolts on each fork and slide out of tree to remove the oem clip ons.just did mine real easy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey,

When installing clip-ons remove the 41mm (if I remembr right) nut and all other clamp bolts and the top triple clamp should just slide off. the nub rogue is talking about is on the throttle housing. with aftermarket clip ons you either have to drill a hole or cut the nub off to mount your controls.
For the front sprocket, I didn't need to do either after pulling off my sprocket cover/clutch slave. Just don't touch the clutch lever after you have taken the slave cyclender off.

James
that sounds rite

1 - 4 of 4 Posts