RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, 1st of all, let me start by saying hi to everyone. Yes, I'm a noob to the site but I need some help! I recently purchased an '01 RC51 and I have a small issue. I was riding today and went across some rr tracks and the cluster just went blank:confused:! No lights or anything lit up. Now the bike still runs fine and everything still works. Turn signals, headlamps, horn, everything. But the only thing working on the cluster is just the turn signal indicator. Now I'm 42 years old and have been on bikes for most of my life, this is my 1st RC. Is there something or somewhere specific I need to start looking 1st? I don't have a manual with the bike, so I don't even know where the fuses are located. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, and gals! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
first check to make sure the cluster is plugged in properly, that plug is behind the cluster on the left side as sitting on the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Fuse box is located under the left side fairing mounted near the radiator. i'd check all your connectors too. sounds like something bumped loose or shorted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuse box is located under the left side fairing mounted near the radiator. i'd check all your connectors too. sounds like something bumped loose or shorted.
Thanks, I'll have to check that tomorrow when I get to work. Thats where all my test equiptment is. Will post when I find out. Thanks for the info :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone, just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know that I got the problem fixed. Well, I hope it's fixed. Turns out, is was indeed a blown fuse. I checked all the wires and everywhere I could think of and found nothing rubbing or pinched. I'm thinking/hoping it was just a weak fuse. I've went across bumps, railroad tracks, and bumpy roads since then and it hasn't blown again. So hopefully, it's fixed! Thanks again for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts