RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My manual doesn't seem to state it anywhere ... Is there one? Or should I just
it?

Page 9-21 just tells me "Install the clutch cover and tighten the six bolts in a crisscross pattern in two or three steps." But how tight :confused:

Trying to install my new one:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
If you don't have a paper service manual buy it as paper is much easier to read than digital. 1-12 in my 2000-06 manual says 9 lb/ft. Interestingly there is an asterik saying send the new cover to me. :p;):D:eek:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I believe its 14-16 ft lbs on those little guys
Thank you sir for responding ... see below, though ...

:p

nice magnesium too.
Honda makes nice stuff!

If you don't have a paper service manual buy it as paper is much easier to read than digital. 1-12 in my 2000-06 manual says 9 lb/ft.
I do have it in paper, 2000 - 2005, just haven't been into it thoroughly enough to know there's a general torque section (duh!); went straight to the clutch section ... but you're right(!), page 1-12 says 9 ft-lbs. Thank you!

Interestingly there is an asterik saying the send the new cover to me. :p;):D:eek:
Gladly sending pleasant thoughts and thanks your way instead :)

Thanks all ... I'll try to read better next time.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I do have it in paper, 2000 - 2005, just haven't been into thoroughly enough to know there's a general torque section (duh!); went straight to the clutch section ... but you're right(!), page 1-12 says 9 ft-lbs. Thank you!

Gladly sending pleasant thoughts and thanks your way instead :)

Thanks all ... I'll try to read better next time.
Was there any ever doubt on my posts? I'm always right :eek::p lol

You have been seriously negligent in your remedial reading. :p Your homework is to read the service manual in detail. :) But seriously spend some time with it as you will learn where things are, as there is a section for everything and it will help you.

I'd blue loctite those bolts personally as well, after you send me the new cover and get a replacement. :D

Must be a good feeling getting it for under $100 shipped. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts