RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am fitting a new clutch and have read the manual which tells me that 2 x A plates are to be fitted front and rear (smaller in size to others) when i received my new clutch i only have one smaller sized friction plate is this correct. with the fitting of the smaller plate going at the front into the shallow slot please help as im confused

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
What do you have, and SP1 or SP2?
SP2 have an inner judder spring and seat which require an inner DISK B, CL FRICTION, part number 22202-MAT-000 be used, which has a larger I.D. to fit around the judder spring/seat combo.
It has 5 friction plates, DISK, CL FRICTION, part number 22201-MAT-E00.
Lastly, an outermost friction plate, DISK A, CL FRICTION, part number 22201-MAT-000, which is installed with the tabs offset into the shallow grooves of the clutch basket.

DISK A is identified as different from friction plates by having dark speckles in friction material and green paint on one tab.
Note: the service manual has DISK A and DISK B reversed. The parts list is correct.

SP1 has no judder spring/seat combo.
It uses two DISK A, CL FRICTION, part number 22201-MAT-000 at innermost and outermost friction plate locations (outermost plate still offset into shallow grooves).
It also uses 5 DISK, CL FRICTION, part number 22201-MAT-E00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts