RC51 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Just go buy the $2.99 a bottle Valvoline DOT 3/4 brake fluids from Autozone or any other common auto parts store. You do not need any specialized brake fluids in the clutch. In fact you don't need them with the brakes either. I'm a test rider and I have used every type of fluid from $100 a bottle Castrol SRX to Brembo to Motul, Maxima you name it. The Valvoline stuff actually has a higher boiling point than many of the uber expensive motorcycle specific brands and costs less than 1/3 of even the cheapest and you get about twice as much product!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just go buy the $2.99 a bottle Valvoline DOT 3/4 brake fluids from Autozone or any other common auto parts store. You do not need any specialized brake fluids in the clutch. In fact you don't need them with the brakes either. I'm a test rider and I have used every type of fluid from $100 a bottle Castrol SRX to Brembo to Motul, Maxima you name it. The Valvoline stuff actually has a higher boiling point than many of the uber expensive motorcycle specific brands and costs less than 1/3 of even the cheapest and you get about twice as much product!
Well shoot, I guess the dot4 full synthetic Lucas brake fluid will work just fine then. Thanks for the help, I have some left over from the master cylinder installation on the truck I did yesterday

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought a Lucas brake fluid DOT 4 via 4 Wheel online. After flushing my brake system and filling it up with Lucas. Brake feel did really improve. Well I guess it just maybe my old fluid really due or Lucas do work better.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ Mmmm, peanut butter ! LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ha ha, a spelling bee. I'm up for it. My Android ph says it is a word. Some sort of measuring instrument. Anyway nice talking to you 😃

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well hell, sorry to even blunder into the conversation when I thought I was contributing something semi useful. No I was not trying to be a smartass

·
Registered
10 Posts
But to add to that when I read back I can see why you thought that. When I said it's the word alright in my country it's just an expression not an admonishment. My apologies.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I prefer Hydrophilic. Basically the same thing. It fits this context more appropriately, imo. :kiss:

Hydroscopic is not a word that should be in any spell checker. It's a common mistake, but still not a word.

Ok, bring the flames. >:)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts