RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had a small leak coming from around the cluch where it goes into the transmission near the front chain\sproket cover. I said I think because I noticed it after a test ride so there was moisture all around. Today I replaced the cover gastet. The one that looks like a C. Went for another test ride...leak remains. In the garage I worked the clutch about 20 times and saw no leaks. So it may be a leak from somewhere else. Maybe the stator cover? But I installed a new gasket there too. I'm headed home to remove the fairing and clean up any moisture. Then start it up and try to find the source. Do you guys have any advice? Also, does the clutch have its own gasket? When I removed it the first time there was the reminants of a gasket but I'm not sure if it was the left over cover gasket or of it was its own gasket.
Thanks
Canty

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
There's no gasket in the clutch's hydraulic mechanism as far as I know.... It'll be hydraulic seals that are failing or dirty if there's a leak. Get a rebuild kit and fit if in doubt - use the method for bleeding I wrote in the other thread you have posted on brake bleeding issues.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clutch was fine. I have a small leak coming from the stator cover right next to the clutch mechanism. Hard leak to find but its there. I could see it spraying out in a mist. I have not removed the cover yet to see the issue. Just wanted to update you guys in case someone else happens to have that issue.
Canty

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Source was a pinched gasket. Easy fix. But what a pain to get too. Oh well, The Money Pit is leak free now!
Canty

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
paper gasket or do you mean a rubber o-ring?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts