RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right folks i have started my bike and have some running issues she has got new everything plugs,coolant,oils,c&s,pads the whole lot,

firstly i notice when i start to release the clutch lever she can jerk forward on her own which gives me the shits lol,have new dot 4 fluid in it so any help on that one be great

she is slow to start and doesnt like ticking over until warm,new plugs fittied.new ect sensor fitted but ect sensor f1 still showing up so will check wiring

alot of back firing out of her aswell when gearing down ,i did notice a power commander on her reading running lean ?,is it big job to set it up proper or disregard it,i have a lad checking all the wiring this week for me but any info on her rough running and f1 warning with 7 blinks ect it says,and with clutch jerking thanks lads

·
Premium Member
928 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Usually backfiring is due to an overly lean condition setting off residual fuel vapors in the exhaust.
Since you have a power commander, you can take it to a local Dynojet shop and have them put in on the dyno and check the air/fuel rations.

If you still have the PAIR system operational, it adds added oxygen to the exhaust that can also cause popping on deceleration as well. It can also mislead the Dynojet system during dyno runs as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Can't a guy just order the sp2 judder and plate ?
If he has an SP1, he can order the judder spring, spring seat, and inner friction plate for an SP2.
Should provide more progressive engagement.
Clutch basket and hub are the same between the two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poor performance while riding

Folks I have the bike revving and ticking over very good,BUT she needs a lot of revs in first gear just to get her moving,then when I open throttle it dies down and takes ages to get thru the revs I can't even get her to 4th she just dies I have no power while riding it thru the gears,when I stripped the bike to sort the ect sensor which works perfect now maybe I done something wrong on assembly I cleaned the fuel filters and all new running gear proper plugs the lot,

So main question how do I get the power while moving back to the bike and what is causing it to be difficult to move off in first,

I have had the bike at 100 mph but have to rev it out thru the gears just to reach it and that's only in 4th if I go 5th she just dies down and I have to drop her a gear or 2 just to get speed up,

It was all running fine b4 I restored her thanks lads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts