RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really messed up the configuration of clutch plates . Not sure which ring is judder spring and which is judder seat. Which plate is A and which is B? How many friction plates am I supposed to use. I need help guys im frustrated

·
Registered
259 Posts
What model year? 02-06 your judder spring seat is flat if I recall and the judder spring is beveled. The friction disc with the skinny friction band goes next then alternate steels with the 5 identical friction plates. The last friction plate has a different color pads and green paint on one tab. So you will have 5 friction plates 22201-MAT-E00, one friction plate 22202-MAT-000 and one 22201-MAT-000. Disc “A” goes in first so it’s larger ID clears the judder spring. 2000-01 appears to not use the judder spring and 5 identical friction plates plus 2 disc A, one A disc at each end of the stack. Hope that’s fairly clear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My RC51 is 2005. Ok so now I got it put back together but now the clutch slips in every gear. I didn't change the springs or the steel plates could that be my issue now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Additionally, the last disk goes in with the tabs offset from the other tabs - see the image in the shop manual. There should also be a spec for the stack height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts