RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a noob question, im not too saavy, but always willing to try and learn.

My clutch lever seems to going lower and lower before I can shift. Today, it finally has come down to the bar.. before I even feel the pressure in the clutch lever. Its like the first 2 inches is just play, slack?

any feedback greatly appreciated.
ps.. love my rc.. I don't care whats ever wrong with this thing. Shes 10 years old and still looks great and sounds better thank anything else!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case some other noob comes across this. What strider recommended was correct. I simply brought it to a friend.. he cracked the fluid container on master cylinder open, pumped lever a few times.. and we immediately saw bubles.. did this literally about 20 times and a big bubble came up. Then he added fluid.. cracked open the bleeder.. pumped it once it or twice.. and some shot out. Cleaned that up. closed bleeder.. added some more. closed cap.. FEELS ROCK SOLID.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has that permanently fixed it?
It could easily have been slave cylinder seal, allowing fluid to leak into the sprocket cover. If so, adding fluid will bring it back for a while, but it'll come back.
Suggest you keep an eye on fluid level.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has that permanently fixed it?
It could easily have been slave cylinder seal, allowing fluid to leak into the sprocket cover. If so, adding fluid will bring it back for a while, but it'll come back.
Suggest you keep an eye on fluid level.
**Will monitor, so far so good. Its been about 2 weeks or so***

1 - 5 of 5 Posts