RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am wondering what i should do about my clutch. I would like the friction point to be lower (occur sooner when the lever is fully depressed). currently it sits very high to where i want it to be (pretty close to the end of travel for the lever). hope this makes sense.

Is there a way to adjust this, if not, is a new clutch in order? if so any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
You could go for adjustable levers (i.e. CRG roll-a-click) or expensive route and change over to cable operated clutch system from Durbahn.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked into the cable drive system and i think i want to stick with hydraulic. i thought about new levers...but it has adjustable ones already. the issue isn't the lever itself but rather where the master cylinder finally lets the clutches contact. i suppose what i am really asking is if my clutch is in need of replacement.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Unlike cable clutches, hydraulic clutches don't ever need to be adjusted but the problem with them is you cant adjust them.

You probably don't need to get a new clutch unless your noticing some slipping. If your at a light and you have the clutch pulled in if you give it alittle bit of gas does it start to roll??? If so then you definately need a clutch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it is just how its meant to be...that kinda sucks. when the clutch lever is pulled in all the way the bike won't move at all. there is plenty of range when releasing the clutch from a full depress to the friction point (which is what i am complaining about).

Can someone show me a link to a cable clutch system. Has anyone here done it. What are the pros and cons. From what i could see it will be far more precise (more feel) than a hydraulic clutch...but i would imagine it will make it harder to press and less forgiving if you get jerky with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts