RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a handful of mods to bike, hotbodies undertail, new pipes, pwrcommander, gearing change, etc. and ran into a headscratcher.

I noticed you can't just unscrew the countershaft sprocket cover without taking off the clutch slave cyl? Is this right? If I pull the front-most bolt that goes through the cyl and cover will I get a fluid leak? How much of pain is it to do this?

Any help would be appreciated, did a search, couldn't find anything.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Proper procedure is
1) remove left lower fairing. or put bike on Pitbull stand, from the rear..
2)8mm bolts, remove all 4- includind the lower one, holding the kick stand safety wire.
3) When removing the Slave cylinder, The Clutch lifter rod is probably going to stick in the slave cylinder "REMOVE SLOWLY"....
Before removing completely, Reach behind and pull the lifter rod out the slave cylinder.
4)Both slave and sprocket cover should came away from the engine smoothly.
5)17mm bolt holds the sprocket and retaining washer in place..
Put the bike in first gear.( THIS is before doing anything with the rear wheel, or chain adjuster.
3/8 17mm socket, short extention, 7 inch or 12 inch ratchet.. Should be able to loosen and remove the bolt..
Exam- the Clutch lifter rod for any nicks, or bends...
REMEMBER to use "BLUE" lock-tite on the front sprocket bolt, when replacing and torging to 88N.m or 65 ft.lbs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fellas, many thanks, lots of great info here!

SubSailor, took your advice on another thread and removed rear fender to do Hotbodies mod more cleanly...i'll try automotive retaining clips as well. I'll be mounting the PCIII in the same way too.

Cheers,

Endoz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts