RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code name E.M.M.A. - Tobi´s RC 51 project

Mates,

I decided to start an own thread for my project here too (because not everyone can/will follow it on facebook)... :D

Because of sitting behind my working desk, I can only post three pics! During the next days, I will update it step by step, that we all have the same status quo. ;)

That was the first status: RC 51 Sp-1 (complete Wilbers suspension as well as 5 spoke PVM wheels).

2013_02_18 - Umbau VTR 1000 Sp - HRC Superbike (3).jpg

After some extra love, everything is a bit "refreshed"... ;)

image.jpg

image2.jpg

.... more soon fellas ...

Cheers,
T:cool:bi

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
AWESOME!! Subscribed. :)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Been following on facebook tobi.
:D
If you can mold the bottom of that endurance tank... I would do you a one off airbox to work with it if you want an open top like T1.
Or... hold off until spring... my own MORI / HRC Airbox kit will be available if all goes well.
Another member has already ordered one.:cool:

Otherwise, keep up the build... I have been watching awhile - while you hoard your parts. :cool::D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been following on facebook tobi.
:D
If you can mold the bottom of that endurance tank... I would do you a one off airbox to work with it if you want an open top like T1.
Or... hold off until spring... my own MORI / HRC Airbox kit will be available if all goes well.
Another member has already ordered one.:cool:

Otherwise, keep up the build... I have been watching awhile - while you hoard your parts. :cool::D
Mold/build the Mori box, post some pics and it´s one of my favs. ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too have been following your build. Some very trick parts, can't wait to see it finished.

James

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Thank you James. I can´t wait too, but I have definitely no stress to finish it tomorrow. I spend the last 10 hours in cleaning the SP-2 subframe. Hopefully I will finish it on Friday. :)

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Thank you James. I can´t wait too, but I have definitely no stress to finish it tomorrow. I spend the last 10 hours in cleaning the SP-2 subframe. Hopefully I will finish it on Friday. :)
10 hours:eek: that shows dedication.

I think the longest I've spent cleaning, not polishing, mine was about 4 hours, and that was for the whole bike.
This off season I'm planning a thorough cleaning where I may polish some of the bits just to get rid of the oxidation.

Keep us posted

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10 hours:eek: that shows dedication.

I think the longest I've spent cleaning, not polishing, mine was about 4 hours, and that was for the whole bike.
This off season I'm planning a thorough cleaning where I may polish some of the bits just to get rid of the oxidation.

Keep us posted

In my world is cleaning = cutting, grinding as well as making the sh*t a bit lighter! :D

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
WOW!!! i have been following on FB for awhile now and you have been doing some quality work!

SUBBED!!!

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Tobi, I got a reply - Pete can't do profile milling, so no velocity stacks from him unfortunately. But I think duckhunter knows a man who knows a man with a 5 axis milling machine. The trouble may be in getting Mondial to allow someone to use his design.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tobi, I got a reply - Pete can't do profile milling, so no velocity stacks from him unfortunately. But I think duckhunter knows a man who knows a man with a 5 axis milling machine. The trouble may be in getting Mondial to allow someone to use his design.
Hey Stig, that´s a pity. I know a man too, who can - maybe - realize it. It´s the owner of the shop, where all my 7075 stuff was produced for freaking less €s. :D

Maybe he can do it:
http://exacta.de/zerspanung.html > That´s his machinery park. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Very nice setup, Tobi. It's about time we got some updates here.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts