RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hit a bump today on the highway and my console immediately stopped working. Everything went completely off as if lost power. All other lights working and engine running fine. Fuses are all ok and connection on back of console is good.
I found a loose/unattached connector under the seat but can not find the other end where it plugs in or confirm the wires attached to it. It is a white connector and have attached photo. It looks like there is a broken black/ brown wire and a green wire that have been cut/broken but honestly with all the wires that were "hacked" with the fender eliminator by previous owner can not tell which ones would be for the console.. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Upon further inspection, the broken black/brown wire under the seat possibly plugged into the white plug in previous post. I connected the black/brown wire to positive on the battery with a jumper and the console lights up. Still no idea where the plug goes and can not find another wire that is loose that would plug into it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved. Looks like the white connector had nothing to do with the problem and was possibly left over from previous owner led lights and fender eliminator. The black/brown wire under the seat area that was disconnected came loose from a 12v power source. Once spliced back in to a "switched" 12v source, console working normally again.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
the black/brown feeds the dash, the tail light (running light) and signal lights (run lights)

i hope you connected it back to the black/brown and not just some random wire.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Previous owner cut the black/brown and plugged into the wire coming from the aftermarket tail light. It is working properly but let me know if you see a problem with this setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts