1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I love seeing Supermoto bikes & professional riders do their thing. It's the inspiration for my other project, although I'm under no illusions - I'll never be able to ride it like these guys. :D

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
so? i do this stuff on my rc everyday.....and it does it even better:p:rolleyes:

cool vid

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
about 2 years ago, i almost traded my Mille for a Husqvarna 510 SM. Videos like this, make me wish i had. Just looks like so much fun.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
An old riding buddy with some good skills in the UK who also rides a Mille Factory and has a stunning Bimota SB6R and other cool toys - had a Hussaberg 600 (610? - I forget). I went to visit him a couple of years ago. When he opened his garage and I saw it, I was in awe. Man, what a beautiful lightweight machine. Weighed something like 100kg and he'd picked it up for the equivalent of only around $3000 US!

Said it was a riot to ride, wheelies everywhere, handled great and ideal for English country roads, but also said it was too uncomfortable to ride any more than 20 minutes or so. He then dropped the clanger and told me the engines on these require rebuilding every 20 hours! :eek:.

Up till then I'd been in love since first sight, but a 20 hour engine life??? Sheesh! That was shattering. :(

But since that awakening I still love motards and will soon have mine, well - maybe next year it'll be finished. Truth is I'm still collecting parts & haven't taken it apart yet. But when I do, it'll come together quicker than waiting for bits piece by piece. :D

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
But since that awakening I still love motards and will soon have mine, well - maybe next year it'll be finished. Truth is I'm still collecting parts & haven't taken it apart yet. But when I do, it'll come together quicker than waiting for bits piece by piece. :D
I have been following your progress on the TDR, buddy :D
Can not wait to see more progress, have you given that rear underslung more thought yet ? I think we lost touch on that one ? :confused: :)

On the supermotards... they race them here at the local track every Weds and Sun I believe.
I have been, I have watched... MAD SKILLZZZ :eek:

I wish I had video of the crazy shite I pulled when I was a dirt fanatic.
Dirt hurts - gave it up early for Mountain bikes and sport bikes :)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I bought a TZ250 rear underslung bracket, so I want to see if it fits, then will work out how the design could be modified to use the 4 piston Discacciati rear caliper. I haven't given it a lot more thought recently buddy, other things on my mind.

Speaking of which - Nobody's package has just arrived! Will e-mail soon. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts