RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and looked thru countless amout of photos and haven't found another like mine. There is no "RC 51" decal on either side of the nose between the radiator and the headlight on my motorcycle. I know the '03 is a little different than other years but the other '03s I have looked at have the decal. I thought that maybe it has aftermarket plastics or something but with close inspection it looks quality enough that I would label as having factory quality paint. The quality and thickness of the plastic itself appears to be high, unlike other "Chinese" or non-OEM pieces I have come across in the past. Also, the decals that are on the motorcycle elsewhere are good quality, tough, thick, properly aligned decals. Again, not typical for a cheap aftermarket product. In a nutshell, nothing at all leads me to believe the body is anything but factory OEM Honda parts. Have any of you seen one that doesn't have the "RC 51" decal? Is there a trade secret that would allow me to take a quick peek to verify authenticity of them? Thank you in advance.
Cheers!
-Undrcovr

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just off the top you your heads, do you know of or have you heard of any NOT having the decals? To touch a little more on the existing body as far as I can tell it is , with a 5% margin for error, 95% factory correct as far as decals, colors and the Honda wing in concerned. Most of the aftermarket kits I've seen have either the Honda wing or the black part of the nose as the non-03 style.
If I get home and can get some pics tonight I will. I'd love to know what's going on with that. It's been bothering me and I just haven't asked yet.
Again, thanks guys...gals?
-Undrcovr

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here you are, Gentlemen. I will get some higher quality pics in the near future, as well as some full shots of the motorcycle.
Thanks.
-Undrcovr

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Here you are, Gentlemen. I will get some higher quality pics in the near future, as well as some full shots of the motorcycle.
Thanks.
-Undrcovr

ummmm, nothing is there....try again ???

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Nope, still nada....the link opens to a black screen and has 1 white pixel in the middle of the screen, anyone else have the same issue????

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
For fucks sake man....what color do you have?? I will post a picture if of a stocker European model and maybe we can take it from there....:D

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Unvercovr's bike is so secret it's invisible. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well shit. It's nothing special people. It looks exactly like any oth '03, minus the rc51 decal.
I uploaded my pics to this forum so whenever a mod clears them ill try to post again.
No, Madbuyer, it's the regular US red/black/silver '03 model. Looks like any other Us model with the standard differences for the year. Black/silver on tail flip-flopped, slim black nose, Honda wing has separated um, feathers?
I'll get pics up asap

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Well shit. It's nothing special people. It looks exactly like any oth '03, minus the rc51 decal.
I uploaded my pics to this forum so whenever a mod clears them ill try to post again.
No, Madbuyer, it's the regular US red/black/silver '03 model. Looks like any other Us model with the standard differences for the year. Black/silver on tail flip-flopped, slim black nose, Honda wing has separated um, feathers?
I'll get pics up asap
So its like the one Subsailor posted which is the year I have. If the RC51 is missing, its either aftermarket or someone removed them with a heat gun.

I have seen where some folks have removed these before....On your upper fairing you will see die marks from when these were injection molded, Honda puts their name all of the parts they make of resins.

If no die marky must be Chinesey.....:p

'03 are the fastest year, so all is well.;)

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
My best guess at this point is the sticker got peeled off, who cares ???? order another set and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
My best guess at this point is the sticker got peeled off, who cares ???? order another set and be done with it.
Better yet order SP2 stickies.....like in the picture I posted:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts