RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas.
I'm fortunate to be in Austin for the GP this yr, and just curious if anyone has some seating or good viewing points from past experience at this circuit?
Also forgot to mention I from perth Western Australia, Any tips much appreciated.
Cheers Adam.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I am told and agree that the T1 area on top of the hill is a must for sure.. Can see a long ways from up there. There is presale seating up there as well as general admission on the ground next to it. The grandstands facing turns 13-15 are nice too as you can see the bikes rushing down hill (T11-T12 back straight) at top speed towards T12 and get hard on the brakes.
If you're looking at purchasing reserved seats i would recommend those two spots, or the main straight too. I got tickets at the same spot as last year, right at the grid starting line. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am told and agree that the T1 area on top of the hill is a must for sure.. Can see a long ways from up there. There is presale seating up there as well as general admission on the ground next to it. The grandstands facing turns 13-15 are nice too as you can see the bikes rushing down hill (T11-T12 back straight) at top speed towards T12 and get hard on the brakes.
If you're looking at purchasing reserved seats i would recommend those two spots, or the main straight too. I got tickets at the same spot as last year, right at the grid starting line. :)

Cheers mate.
Not to sure if i'll get some seating then or just go G.A and walk about for the 2 days both sound like good options and will now look into it a bit closer.
Appreciate the feed back.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Yeah, takes a day or two to find your way around there, lot of walking. especially from the parking lots. Once you figure out the trams and shuttle buses is pretty nice though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been both times and General Admin works for me. With GA you can watch races and practices from a variety of corners instead of just one section of the track. Not worth the price of a seat for me because I'd walk around most of the time anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts