RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought this cycle about 4 weeks ago or so, and just replaced the tires a week ago. Went with the 2CT's: 190/55 in back, and 120/70 up front. Really noticed a big change in "giddy-up" when I went with the larger rear tire. Wanting to do the 520 conversation very soon. Probably go with the mild 15/42...but any recommendation on brand? Also looking at getting rid of the stock undertail. Have done some looking around and found a nice looking setup...but want to know what you guys PREFER. She's an SP1. HIT ME :D

*Also, what about frame sliders? Haven't been able to find a quality set that I just "have to have".

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I thought that site looked familiar.
I checked my parts order records and that was where I bought my first undertail back in '08.

Back then, it was a fiberglass undertail by Bestem-USA (SKU number is the same as their current undertail).

I was extremely disappointed in the quality.
The fiberglass was wavy and didn't fit the contours of the rear cowl at all.
I eventually threw it in the trash and bought a Hotbodies, which is made of ABS plastic.

While I wish the LED tail lights were much brighter, at least the Hotbodies fit and finish match the rear cowl.

Just for posterity, here's the Bestem undertail wiring color codes.
BLK - Ground
BLU - Running Light
RED - Brake Light
YEL - Turn Light

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I thought that site looked familiar.
I checked my parts order records and that was where I bought my first undertail back in '08.

Back then, it was a fiberglass undertail by Bestem-USA (SKU number is the same as their current undertail).

I was extremely disappointed in the quality.
The fiberglass was wavy and didn't fit the contours of the rear cowl at all.
I eventually threw it in the trash and bought a Hotbodies, which is made of ABS plastic.

While I wish the LED tail lights were much brighter, at least the Hotbodies fit and finish match the rear cowl.

Just for posterity, here's the Bestem undertail wiring color codes.
BLK - Ground
BLU - Running Light
RED - Brake Light
YEL - Turn Light
You NEVER disappoint, good sir :) Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My apologies to SubSailor! I'm dyslexic tonight, apparently! Meant to say that you NEVER disappoint...always good advice. A genuine "I am sorry" for the typo, friend!

I actually found that piece and was literally a 'click' away from owning one. But then knew it would be a better idea to see what the folks here had to say first.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
My apologies to SubSailor! I'm dyslexic tonight, apparently! Meant to say that you NEVER disappoint...always good advice. A genuine "I am sorry" for the typo, friend!

I actually found that piece and was literally a 'click' away from owning one. But then knew it would be a better idea to see what the folks here had to say first.
Hey no offense! I knew what you meant. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry about that chief.
I threw $116 in the trash, that's how bad it was.
hmmm i have this one as well.... and i have considered getting a new one a few times... i had to cut so much of it just to get it to fit ! its got about 3k miles on it and all of the paint is worn off of it lol

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
A part of me wishes Tyga would step up and design an undertail.
Their carbon-fiber fenders, huggers, and rear cowl are beautiful.
It doesn't have to be c-f, just well designed with bright LEDs is all I ask.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A part of me wishes Tyga would step up and design an undertail.
Their carbon-fiber fenders, huggers, and rear cowl are beautiful.
It doesn't have to be c-f, just well designed with bright LEDs is all I ask.
if he offered a under tail in carbon id scoop it up. the overall appearance with it and how the lights are isnt bad, its just cheaply made and my LED's have dimmed and a few have burnt out in 2 years.

i have low grade CF fender and hugger now... part of me wants to spend some coin and get the tyga stuff so i dont have wavy and dimpled carbon on the bike anymore.... im sure you can figure out where it came from after that description haha

wish i had known what i was going to get before i spent the money.... i hate spending money twice.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I ordered this week the Tyga Carbon Hugger...they had them on sale for 89 bucks.
I bought mine at their $99 introductory price when they first started selling them.
They sure are pretty.
I'd love to get the c-f rear cowl and panel set, but it'd be too pretty to paint over.
Now an entire matching c-f bodywork set would be awesome.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I bought mine at their $99 introductory price when they first started selling them.
They sure are pretty.
I'd love to get the c-f rear cowl and panel set, but it'd be too pretty to paint over.
Now an entire matching c-f bodywork set would be awesome.
that would look good..but my money tree is low on money to have everything in C-F.....I have now 3 bikes to take care of it...and my wife is looking around for a Can-Am Spyder....and we have 6 horses to take care of it.......we have way to many hobbies .:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts