RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of good remedies for the crampy cockpit of my 2000 RC-51 ? Any particular bar-risers ? Can the pegs be lowered ? Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
You might consider clip ons from a 929, 954 or 1000rr as long as the fork diameter is the same and the clip on will clear the top clamp. You can get them off of Ebay pretty cheap and in compairison to the rc51, it looks like a 954rr has a couple of inches of rise. Plus it might still look somewhat stock. As far as the rear sets i know you can get aftermarket ones that move the pegs up, donno about down though. I have seen drop pegs for sale at some places. They say 1 in drop. Something to try and good luck,
james

·
Registered
232 Posts
Intresting I had a 954 and feel like my riding position was identical to the RC. Maybe Im mistaken or too short to notice..lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
The riding position might be the same but if you look at the clip ons they are alot different and have a sort of a riser that is factory. Other wise get a top clamp that alows standard handlebars. that will set you right up there!

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
You could similarly try something like these from LSL, the offset match clip-ons.
They're are about 1" higher.
http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/clipon.cfm

Just be aware that the range of adjustment on the RC51 is pretty small. I found that out with my Heli-Bars.
It was a fine line between hitting the cowl or tank.
Ultimately I removed them and installed adjustable clip-ons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts