RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was on my home from work and thought I would swing by my parents house to say hey. when I I was about a block away from their house and all i remember is waking up in the meat wagon. Concussion, minor scrapes, some bruiseing ( mostly to ego and pride ), and a really sore left arm shoulder and hand.

From what im told by my Dad who watched all this unfold. the road had this new sink hole across it and when i hit it while i was layed over in the corner it stood me up and shot me across the road into the ditch where i hit a completely full residential garbage can and flipped end over end. Landing about 50 feet ahead and coming to a rest unconscious. lol

So anyways the bike is in the shop getting looked over to see what all the damage is. I know i need new front and rear fairings as well as airbox, headlights, instument cluster, clutch, brake , rear sets, pipes mounts and a few other things. when i get a full list of stuff i need Ill put inthe Stuff needed Thread below.

Thank god for protective gear. Never leave home with out boots, long pants(minimum) jacket and helmet. COuld have been alot worse.

Oh and BTW this is the best part. I have only been home a about a month and so I only had liability on it while I was away. My full coverage was to start ont he 1st of august..HAHAHAHA now aint that the shits..anyways no worries.

Frame and all looks good but might need front forks and braces.will have to wait and see. Talk to you all later. STAY SAFE AND WEAR THAT GEAR........

·
Registered
131 Posts
Glad you are ok! Bikes can always be fixed/replaced. You must've scared the shit out of your dad!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah , I dont think my dad has ever ran so fast. I m thinking i was doing between 50 and 60 in the corner. Not all to sure. All i can remember is is entering the corner then the meat wagon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah , I dont think my dad has ever ran so fast. I m thinking i was doing between 50 and 60 in the corner. Not all to sure. All i can remember is is entering the corner then the meat wagon.
Dude, it sounds like you were in a residential neighborhood...what the h*ll were you doing 50 - 60 mph??? Ride safe mang, more importantly, ride smart.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, it sounds like you were in a residential neighborhood...what the h*ll were you doing 50 - 60 mph??? Ride safe mang, more importantly, ride smart.
My dad lives out in the middle of nowhere. The speed limit on his road is 50 mph. Believe me I ride safe MANG. But thanks for the concern.lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts