RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody

im on day 6 of a 4 week trip. I started in montreal and aafter only two days of riding im near the badlands SD. Plan to do some camping in yellow stone for the next two days and then make a run for the west coast. enjoy the pictures.

today is going to be the first day fun riding, plan to take some onboard video.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Good on you for this.....be careful when you get to the Pacific Coast Highway, they are redoing a lot of bridges and it is sloooooooow moving.

If you get tired through this area, Elko Nevada is nice.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Wow, now THAT'S a ride - enjoy the trip !

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Enjoy your trip as I enjoy riding my cross-country as well. When in AZ look up some of the folks there as the ride in that area is AWESOME as I found out during the spring this year. Salt River Canyon was awesome along with riding with AV8R27 up around Prescott. If you need help I'm in the flatlands of Kansas and will try to get you help. I normally run the sport saddlebags which help with the load.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Good on you for this.....be careful when you get to the Pacific Coast Highway, they are redoing a lot of bridges and it is sloooooooow moving.

If you get tired through this area, Elko Nevada is nice.

Ride Safe!
Hey Mad i'm not the only one to put the ol girl on a nice LONG RIDE :D

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
A fellow Canadian? Dude you are one hard M*****F*****! Good on ya, if it was me though I would ride something a bit more forgiving. But hell if you can do it do it.

Have a safe trip! Lots of pics, too bad you won't make my left coast.

·
Registered
124 Posts
And I felt like a badass for recently doing 300 miles :D.

Have a great time and be safe. Please keep us updated on your trip.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
A fellow Canadian? Dude you are one hard M*****F*****! Good on ya, if it was me though I would ride something a bit more forgiving. But hell if you can do it do it.

Have a safe trip! Lots of pics, too bad you won't make my left coast.
Agreed!!!
The only way I would do that route, is on a GoldWing. :D

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Hey JaysunOne, I see Sacramento is on your map. I live here in Sac. If you need a place to couch-surf for the night, you are welcome at my humble abode.
Madbuyer stayed here once too...

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Hey JaysunOne, I see Sacramento is on your map. I live here in Sac. If you need a place to couch-surf for the night, you are welcome at my humble abode.
Madbuyer stayed here once too...
jd has an excellent beer selection too.:D

Hey Mad i'm not the only one to put the ol girl on a nice LONG RIDE :D
You now officially have some competition.;)

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
You now officially have some competition.;)
My little 3500 mile (approx) ride from Kansas to Tempe and back then to Indy and back do not match up with what he is doing so yea I have competition and if they retire me next year I might try and give him a challenge LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jon I might take you up on that offer.

I have taken the rc51 up and down the eastcoast mtl to fl a few times. this trip on a 51 is a one time thing for me. Wyoming roads are the reason why I took this trip amazing.

a few pictures of the last few days enjoy

Started my day riding throu the badlands SD, stopped at the Crazyhorse Memorial 20 minutes before a blast, 700tons of rock was broken loose. then made it to Devils Tower met a few local adventure riders they sheared a camp sight with me. the next morning I was going around a bend at 80 and missed a deer by 2 feet scared the shit out of me. Didnt see it till it was in my way 15foot in front of me. Wyoming roads are amazing those last three are in Wyoming. Just imagin 2 solid hour of fast sweepers, perfect pavment, and almost no traffic. I can do that all day everyday. The smile on my face was hugh.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got to a family friends house in northern cali, and had a chance to upload some videos enjoy.

Badlands SD

Some random canyon in NV

a badass moutain road in california at the of 89 was california 4 my god the most tight technical road I have ever ridin. It was short but what a great day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dude! Awesome! I rode from Sacramento to Phoenix and back in June on my '01 and I KNOW that you've gotta be hard to ride that bike that far. I agree with atvrcr500 about riding in AZ, check out Tortilla Flats, AZ good day ride. Have fun

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone in North county San Diego I am planning a ride up Palomar Mt on Oct 6 with some Hawkgt guys and a few other friends. I would like to see some rc51 that day too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts