RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the rubber flaps that hang down on each side of the airbox are for. The manual just calls them rubber covers. I just finished installing Dan Kyle block off plates and a flapper removal and I was wondering about those rubber covers. Also note to anyone planning to do the complete flapper removal on the SP 2 the solenoid is in front of the left radiator not behind the right as the online instructions show. RC51.org is a fabulous site no criticism implied or intended, he probably used an SSP1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noise dampeners, otherwise useless...but I'm sure someone else has a different idea.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
They told us at the dealership when the SP1 came out that the flapper valve was to cut down on intake noise... they must have been looking to get under the noise spec any way possible.
I am new here how do I pm you to purchase a sticker?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
This reminds me about the time a buddy went on vacation, while he was gone I put razzle dazzle pink wrap around his mouse, keyboard and work desk. All his keys where shuffled....his reaction did not go as planned lol

Do like we did at work and saran wrapped a guys cube and filled it with styrofoam peanuts.
A couple other good 'uns:

1) Layer a couple handfuls of paper clips atop each blade of a non-moving ceiling fan ... spread them nicely from the tips of the blades all the way up to the fan motor ... Sneak by & quietly turn on their fan (or even better if they turn it on themselves & have a seat!). Nothing happens initially as the fan gathers speed ... after a little momentum is gained a clip or two out at the tips slides off ... "What the? Where did that come from?" ... then more & more & MORE(!!) clips fly off the fan blades as the fan speed increases, until it's raining paper clips! Weeeeeee....!

2) Tape a rubber snake ... can you ever go wrong pranking with a rubber snake? ... to the bottom of a toilet seat ... it might even be dangling in the water, which is a little gross but whatever, it won't affect you(!) ... Upon lifting the toilet seat, a loud shrieking noise is commonly heard. And then prolonged nightmares for the victim. And future mistrust of all toilets. Yippee!

3) Rubber band a co-worker's office chair to their desk while it's parked in its usual position against their desk. Use enough rubber bands to cause the chair to return to the desk on its own after being pulled out, but not so many that the chair won't even move.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My favorite was always to take a screen shot of a co-workers desktop, then assign that image as their wallpaper. Move all desktop icons to a folder and watch the furious anger ensue....

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
This reminds me about the time a buddy went on vacation, while he was gone I put razzle dazzle pink wrap around his mouse, keyboard and work desk. All his keys where shuffled....his reaction did not go as planned lol

That's okay, my buddy didn't appreciate the insul-foam filled tool box.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts