RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Besides the GPS mount (nice work there) did your upper cowl brace come as part of the Ohlins steering damper kit?

·
Registered
149 Posts
does the gps block the speedo? i'm going to order one soon, do you have any recommendations for gps units? thanks!
I've got a Garmin Nuvi 200, I plug into my battery tender lead, (I created an Adaptor) I use the suction cup mount on my windshield in the upper left corner, I can view my speedo/tach no problem.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does the gps block the speedo? i'm going to order one soon, do you have any recommendations for gps units? thanks!
no
its not in the way at all
garmin zumo 550
have toured europe twice with it and it is a great unit

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm trying to find a way to mount my TomTom Rider2 onto my SP1, I've seen someone producing the mount that goes into the stem but I'm not sure if it'll fit as the stem on these is rather small!
Nice job though, making any more? ;)

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm trying to find a way to mount my TomTom Rider2 onto my SP1, I've seen someone producing the mount that goes into the stem but I'm not sure if it'll fit as the stem on these is rather small!
maybe:D
be out of aluminium though:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a mount for my gsxr that uses that style mount.
It comes with a rubber cone that you trim put in the stem opening then trim to a size that fits.
I'm sure the kit will work just fine. For reference, the gixxer is maybe the size of a penny..

I tried using the suction cup mount on my cluster on that bike and it liked to come undone randomly...kinda annoying going 80 on a freeway. errr i mean the speedlimit!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a mount for my gsxr that uses that style mount.
It comes with a rubber cone that you trim put in the stem opening then trim to a size that fits.
I'm sure the kit will work just fine. For reference, the gixxer is maybe the size of a penny..

I tried using the suction cup mount on my cluster on that bike and it liked to come undone randomly...kinda annoying going 80 on a freeway. errr i mean the speedlimit!
i made my own for my gixxer too:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts