RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , I have an 01 RC and wanted to know if anyone was running a D and D exhaust on the RC ? And what your feed back is :) Ride Safe

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Ummmm I had D&D on my ZX7r .... ummmm fooooookin LOUD !!! HA HA !!!

Can not say for the RC though.... " Low end exhaust system " is what I know it to be.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the feedback guys ! Iam a daily rider here in Las Vegas and as much as i would like Satos or Aroks i really don't want something so rare on the bike that i cant replace if something happen . Feel free to leave anymore comments on the D and D though :)

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
If you want something cheap and not rare, get Yoshimura. They are still making them for the RC51 last I checked. Used ones can be had for a good price. I think there is a set in the classifieds. The good thing about Yoshi's is that the mids are steel (easily welded if you need repairs) and the cans are pretty universal, so you can find some cans off a gsxr 1000 and get something that looks better if you want.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm running Scorpions on my SP1. Pretty good build quality and got the pair for $400. Can't argue with that. They will do until I splash out for some LBP.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I think there is a set in the classifieds. The good thing about Yoshi's is that the mids are steel (easily welded if you need repairs) and the cans are pretty universal, so you can find some cans off a gsxr 1000 and get something that looks better if you want.
Thanks for the bump b.miller...but someone here got a killer deal on the Yosh I had for sale, slight wear and tear no dings or rash not like this crap on Ebay. Yosh is gone...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230940201842?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Go with Yosh.
Been saying this for awhile now...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seeing that i have a 2001 RC , there really not a lot to choose from in the exhaust catalog ;) I will keep my eyes open though !

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I got a cheap system recently because I started daily driving the bike to work. I figured I'd keep the nice stuff for when the bike becomes a weekend/occasional romp bike.

Then my bike got hit in a parking lot. Sure it's a compromise and a gamble but the odds were she would get hit with that much riding and she did..that's not to say I won't have a whoopsie in the future with the good hardware on but the odds are much better.

That said, D&D is loud. Very loud, but hey, why can't the RC be loud:)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sorry but there is no bark like the sound of Satos...;)
Sorry but that bark isnt really relevant since you cant really buy that exhaust anymore. Guess you dont really have a dog in this fight do you. See what i did there?

I had d&d on mine a long time ago. Excellent build quality but yes theyre a little loud.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Sorry but that bark isnt really relevant since you cant really buy that exhaust anymore. Guess you dont really have a dog in this fight do you. See what i did there?

I had d&d on mine a long time ago. Excellent build quality but yes theyre a little loud.

The way I see it is that you can still buy Satos used so technically they are still relevant.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts