RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading and looking around bit haven't found anyone else running D&D exhaust. Is there a reason for this? uploadfromtaptalk1332901058286.jpg

My concern grows the more I tear into the bike. Along with the speedo (still not working, ordering a used next pay check)....

I have vortex levers. For sale or trade for black Shorties uploadfromtaptalk1332900993341.jpg The front brake lever has a clearance issue during no speed turning (parking and such).

The break reservoir also has clearance issues with the fairing stay, the lid rubs the bottom of the stay. uploadfromtaptalk1332901120512.jpg

While cleaning noticed a hairline crack on the lower fork tube brace.....

Fairings were attached with nut/washer/bolt combo. This made it a pain in the @$$ to take a part, so I replaced the plastic on plastic with nylon inserts and screws from advanced. Hope they hold up. uploadfromtaptalk1332900791594.jpg

I wired up the rear signals and installed new fronts ( more pictures coming soon). uploadfromtaptalk1332901434374.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The front reservoir mount is aluminum, and can be bent slightly for clearance.
It's what I did with mine for the same reason.
Don't go crazy with it or it will snap. Just some gentle bends and twists and it will fit.
I hope that black sludge isn't your brake fluid, is it?

What happened to the side cowl mounts that cause you to use plastic clips?
Were the holes stripped out?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that black sludge isn't your brake fluid, is it?

What happened to the side cowl mounts that cause you to use plastic clips?
Were the holes stripped out?
In the reservoir is a black plastic membrane that fills the cup about half way. Is this the way its supposed to be?

These are af fairings held together with nuts and bolts and zip ties I looked at 1/4 turns but didn't like the price. Baller on a budget.

More pictures to come on the fairing screws.

I will attempt to bend it thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on the nylon screws; holding up very well. Look decent and uniform. uploadfromtaptalk1336017866701.jpg

D&D cut..... love the sound

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts